I leaned against a tree as I mourned the loss of my baby. All the should've and could haves raced through my mind. I should have killed Bryce when I had the chance! I could have but I didn't.. This was of my own doing. If I could rewind time I'd torture him until he begged for death!

"Ruby?" A soft sweet voice broke my thoughts. I slowly turned towards the figure that stood a few feet away from me.

"Maggie?" My jaw dropped as I took in her appearance. Her hair was a few inches longer and peaked out of the baseball cap she wore. She also wore a white long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. Maggie looked perfectly healthy compared to how I last saw her.

"Harlan told me you woke up." A worrisome look spread across her face. "How are you feeling?"

I eyed Maggie up and down. Was I hallucinating?

"Ruby?" Maggie asked.

"Are you real?"

Maggie nodded as she knelt beside me, "I'm real."

"I'm so sorry." My lips trembled as a few more tears escaped. "For everything."

Maggie embraced me in a firm hug. It took me a few seconds to brush off the shock before I was able to hug her back.

"I don't understand." I sniffled, pulling away and wiping my tears away. "Rosita gave me the impression that you were dead!"

"You had to believe that I was dead in order for Negan to believe it." Maggie explained.

"I thought you were gone." I exhaled slowly as my fingers ran through my tangled hair. I was angry that no one told me but I understood why. Negan would've been able to sense if I were lying.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Don't be." I forced a smile as I glanced at her stomach. Swallowing the lump in my throat I asked, "Is your baby okay?"

Maggie nodded, "Harlan was able to fix me up."

My head lowered as I held my stomach. I was glad Maggie and her baby were alive and well. But the thought caused the physical and psychological pain to return as another tear slipped out of my eye.

"How long have I been here?" I asked lowly

"Four days." Maggie answered.

My head snapped towards her. "Four days?!"

"You were in rough shape when you arrived."

"Was I unconscious the entire time?"

"Right before your surgery you woke up startled and held a scalpel up to Harlan's neck. We managed to calm you down before the surgery. Then you were out until today."

I bit the inside of my cheek, "I didn't mean to."

"We know. Rosita explained what happened."

"Rosita brought me back?" I asked curiously.