𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟓 - 𝑨 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑴𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒅𝒚

After wandering around the market street for a while, Wei Wuxian finally found a decent-looking inn. Or at least that is what he calls it.

He headed towards the entrance of the establishment, completely oblivious to the curious looks that he was receiving from the people around him, and narrowed his eyes as he read the sign above the door.

"Rest...aurant?" He read aloud with a tone of confusion but then nodded in agreement. "A place to rest is definitely what I need"

He smiled enthusiastically as he opened the door and walked into the inn without a second thought, instantly glancing around the quite large room. It was well-filled with rectangular wooden tables as well as armchairs. There were a few decorative glass pots of flowers gracefully standing on top of the tables, and the atmosphere was overall cozy. He also noticed the curious stares that the few clients were giving him, this time actually grabbing his attention though.

Are they staring at me because of my clothing?

He thought as he looked down at his own robes and let out a small, annoyed huff. At this point, he would have to do something about it. The people in this world clearly have a different kind of fashion. Nonetheless, turns out that they are quite open-minded about it, or else they would have done more than just curiously stare at him. Still, he was getting a bit tired from the whole attention- and this coming from someone who was the talk of the town in his own world, not for good reasons though.

As soon as he spotted the reception desk, behind which an old lady was counting small multicolored papers, Wei Wuxian happily grinned and immediately head towards her.

"Auntie!"

He called out before reaching for something inside his sleeve, soon taking out a small money sack.

"How much can this buy?"

He asked as he took out a few metal coins and confidently placed them on top of the desk.

The woman stared at the coins with a confused expression before gazing back at Wei Wuxian, who was already smiling in anticipation.

"Ayoo... Just pay me with normal money"

"Huh? But I don't have any on me!" He answered as his expression quickly turned desperate. He scooted closer to the desk and pointed back at the metal coins.

"Do these truly have no value??"

"Young man, I wish I could make an exception, but I really can't. The business here is not doing so well." She said as she reluctantly shook her head, and then walked back into the kitchen.

He watched as she left with a small, disappointed pout and put his coins inside the small sack.

Turns out I will have to earn some money here... Considering how this lady's business is not doing very well, I doubt she would be willing to hire me.

Wei Wuxian shoved his money sack back inside his robes and head out of the inn, instantly feeling the cold and fresh air hit his pale face. The wind brought the aroma of the food that is being sold in the market right to his nostrils, making his stomach even more upset. 

I guess things would not be as easy as he thought.

"That's alright- I will find out a way."

He encouraged himself as he began walking, already thinking about the various possibilities of jobs that he could do. Somewhere out there, there must be someone in need of a young and strong man like him- and let us not forget handsome.

I am pretty good at cooking too...Not as good as shijie, but I can do-

His feet slowly came to a halt as his attention abruptly fell on a particular man. He was all painted in silver colors, from the different layers of his clothes to his own skin and hair. Wait, was it a statue? After staring at it for a while, Wei Wuxian noticed how it was indeed immobile.