15. Shocking shopping trip

Start from the beginning

Emmas jumpsuit.

"I wanted to look for some new earrings and maybe some new shoes!" Hallie answered her nieces question with a soft smile.

"Same goes for me. Pluse some decoration maybe!" Emma smiled looking over at Lillian who was smiling a little while she looked at her friends.

"What about you, Lil?" "Yeah what do you want to have?"

"I don't wanna have anything. I'm good. Maybe I'll find some supplies for the kitchen Rosie and I need, but there is no rush on it!" Lillian answered, she still hasn't lost the thought of not having like any money.

She always used to say that when the three of them were out shopping or so. It was always the same answer. But this time Hallie and Emma weren't going to take the same 'ole "nothing" anymore. Chris was back and he told Lillian that they were good and that there was enough money for them to live a good life.

"Oh no! That's not happening again!" "We don't take nothing for an answer anymore!" Hallie laughed after Emma plurred out her words.

"What do you want to have, what do you really want Lily?" "Yeah spill it what do you wanna buy for yourself?" Emma and Hallie asked, each of them taking one of Lillians hands into theirs.

"I just want to spent some time with you. That's nothing you can buy!" Lillian tenderly smiled as she looked at her friends.

"Thats very sweet of you to say, but you can be sure that we're going to get something for you!" Hallie said as she smiled over to Lillian.

"You can be sure that your aunt is making sure you get what you want. And cousin Emma will to!" Emma said, making the three of them laugh hard.

"Okay, we'll get me something. I'm just not sure what!" Lillian smiled making Emma and Hallie agree on that.

***

After about an hour the girls came out of the shoe store and indeed Emma and Hallie found some beautiful shoes for them. Lillian got some new shoes for Annie, but nothing for herself.

Hallie and Annie where looking at the windows of the shops while they were walking down the alley. Lillian suddenly stopped in the middle of the street. She was just starring down the street. There was a woman standing on the corner that was looking at Lillian with teary eyes while Lillian was looking right back at the women.

Lillian immediately identified  the women as her mother. Tears were puring down her face and she felt like she couldn't breathe at all. Lillian wanted to run but as soon as she got the power to start running, Anna was beeing dragged away into the side alley.

The young girl started to run to the street. "Mom?!" she called over and over again as she were running down the street her mother was dragged into. Unfortunatelly there was nobody in this street, breaking Lillians heart once more into a million pieces.

As Lillian realised that there was nobody left in that street she let herself fall onto a little bench on the side of the street. She burried her head into her hands as she cried, trying to process everything that just happened.

***

After a while she had calmed down a bit and the tears stopped. She felt heavy, like she was drowning unable to get out of the water to breath some much needed air. Once again she felt like her whole world was curmbling around her.

"Lily?" the young girl could hear her friends call.

"Here, I'm here!" Lillian whispered as she wiped her tears away and put on a smile.

Just as she got her face back to normal her friends came walking up to her.

"Are you okay, Lily?" "You look a little flushed ther, cuz!" Emma said after her aunt spoke.