Arc 3 chapter 1: The incident|pink hair

Start from the beginning

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you have a moment?" A cold voice behind me asks.

"Ah, Horikita-san...how nice of you to stop by," I said, turning and grinning.

It was, in fact, Horkita the younger.

"Mm. Well, can I talk to you?" She asked.

"It depends, really? Are you brave enough?" I asked again, trying my best to look really creepy.

"I'm not scared of you, not out here. I know you wouldn't do anything in broad daylight," she responded, unfazed.

"True. What can I do for you, Horikita-san?" I said, going back to my cheerful self.

"I take it you've heard about the situation with Sudou and class C?"

I nodded.

"And I also take it that you're willing to help?" She asked.

This girl. She had some real guts talking to me like this. But I just had to grin and bear it.

"Well of course! I don't want there to be a miscarriage of justice," I responded.

"Good. Then we should start where it happened, in the special annex building. Let's go," she said, briskly walking away.

"You realise that there will be no one else in the special annex building, Horikita? I might get ideas, you know?" I said, grinning again.

"Exactly, which is why we won't be alone," she retorted.

"What..."

"Yoohoo! Sorry to keep you waiting, Horikita-san!"

I turned to see Ichinose running towards us.

I couldn't really touch Ichinose at all. Besides me, she was the most trusted person in our class, if not the entire first year. If she were to tell the class that I wasn't who they thought I was, at best it would cause a split amongst the entire school. At worst, I could be ostracised completely.

And it seems that Horikita understood this. Perhaps she was smarter than the school, and I, gave her credit for.

"Good, we're all here. Let's go!" Said Ichinose.

With that, we headed for the special annex building.

————

"Jeez, it's so hot in here," whined Ichinose, unbuttoning the top 2 buttons of her shirt, and fanning her chest with her hands.

"You're right. How do we expect to do anything in this heat!" I complained as well.

I was actually fine, but it was a good idea to put on an act.

"Come on, you two, focus. Look for anything amiss," Horikita ordered.

Damn, I'd love to just rip out every hair on her scalp.

We started acting useful.

"Well, one things for certain: Sudou's judgement was definitely impaired by this heat. If they wanted to agitate him, they couldn't have picked a better place," Ichinose pointed out.

I crouched down on the ground, looking at a small object of interest.

I took a pen out of my pocket, and picked up the object, holding it up to the light.

"Pink, huh?"

"Hm? Did you find something, Ayanokouji-kun?" Asked Ichinose, walking over to me.

Horikita also walked over.

"Is there anyone in class C or D who has long, pink hair?" I asked, holding up the strand of hair I had found.

"Hmm. Sakura..." muttered Horikita.

"Sakura? Who's that?" I asked.

I knew everyone worth knowing in this school, and I hadn't met a 'Sakura' yet.

The hair almost reminded me of my friend Ichika's, but it was a bit to bright to be her's.

"Sakura Airi is a girl in my class who doesn't hang out with anyone, and hardly ever socialises. She barely passed the midterm, and she's not very good at physical activity. She's fairly good looking, however..." Horikita explained.

"So, we have a lead?" Ichinose asked.

"It seems so. Tomorrow, we should confront Sakura after class," Horikita said.

1156 words
I've returned. I even updated starting in class C as well. I've not been writing as much as I should've.
It's 2 in the morning and it feels like I'm in a sauna.
Just been watching one piece and shit ig. Finished Stone ocean anime (finally). Absolutely loved the ending, really reminds me of the good old days of reading the manga.
Not much else to say really
Hope you're all doing well and I hope you enjoyed