Best Friend... Worst Nightmare!

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, she heard a thud. Turning towards the sound, she saw that it was Tyrantrum practicing the move "head smash" by repeatedly ramming his face into a rock wall. Altaria was sitting nearby, watching with a morbid curiosity.

Zinnia frowned slightly. She knew head smash would be a useful move to have as a backup plan, but Tyrantrum didn't have the "rock head" ability that would let him use the move to its full potential, so using it would just hurt him. Instead, he had the "strong jaw" ability, which increases the power of biting attacks.

Upon thinking of this, she facepalmed. I should have taught him something like ice fang!

She already taught him crunch, but ice fang would be great for dealing with pesky ground types.

She made a mental note to do that, and made her way up to the dragons, who quickly noticed her approaching.

Salamence let out an excited grunt, before flying down to meet her, nudging her with his head. Hydreigon did the same, licking her on the face, much to her annoyance.

"H-hey!"

Next thing she knew, Goodra and Dratini were unintentionally smothering her, while Noivern, Tyrantrum, and Altaria all watched in mild amusement.

"That's enough! I love you guys too, but I need to breathe!"

Eventually, she managed to get them off of her.

"Good grief... now that that's out of the way, let's get to training!"

And so, they began. Each dragon paired up to learn different moves. However, Zinnia called Dratini, Hydreigon, and Tyrantrum over before they could pair up.

They couldn't anyways, since there was an odd number.

Zinnia quickly got to work, hoping to teach Tyrantrum ice fang, Hydreigon flash cannon, and Dratini dragon dance.

Dratini, as expected, mastered his move pretty dwiftly, which made sense since Dratini had seen it dozens of times on the island.

It took Hydreigon some time, but she was eventually able to make silver sparks of energy shoot from her mouths.

Tyrantrum struggled the most. The biting part wasn't hard, of course, it was the creation of ice-type energy that had him at a loss. Zinnia gave him some tips she found on the internet, and that helped some, but he still couldn't freeze anything quite yet.

Zinnia kept training her dragons, noticing that the boys had already gone to go bother the professor about Goh's wurmple evolving , but she ignored this.

Suddenly, she was interrupted by a call from N.

"Hey N, what is it?"

"We need you at the lab, there's a bit of a situation. Bring Hydreigon just in case, her dark typing might be useful here."

"What situation?"

Suddenly, the call ended.

"Dammit, N!" She cursed, returning Hydreigon to her pokeball and rushing towards the lab. When she arrived, she slammed the doors open, seeing N, Ash, and Goh confronting a gengar. She released Hydreigon, who let out a roar, catching the Gengar by surprise.