𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟕 - 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

The sun had completely set, and the night sky took over the window's view. Although it wasn't the same scary darkness as last night, Wei Wuxian was still feeling anxious. Everything that had happened so far was filling his unrested mind. He had turned into an enemy of the Great four Clans, he had hurt the people he cherishes the most, and let us not forget that he had practically died. Or something of the sort.

He did feel pretty much alive, but it was impossible to know for sure. Whatever happened, and the reason for it- there was no logical answer whatsoever at the moment.

And as the unanswered questions began filling Wei Wuxian's head, he continuously shifted into different sleeping positions, desperately trying to distract himself from that feeling of bewilderment. Eventually, he gave up and opened his untired eyes. How could he even rest with such bothersome feelings and thoughts keeping him awake? He was undoubtedly an independent man and always had been the Untamed. He followed his own path with courage and certainty when he saved the innocent Wen remnants. He trusted his own sense of justice over everything else. Nevertheless, he was currently in a state of hopelessness and vulnerability. Whatever happened to him was completely beyond his capacities.

After lazily getting up from the soft mattress, Wei Wuxian dragged his feet toward the window to immerse into the night view. It is truly a shame that these rooms were not used that much. One could see the lively street market life at night from there, with the different lights lighting up the whole place. It reminded him of the town markets he'd go to at night when the stars were already up in the sky. If he'd ever be able to visit them again in this lifetime? He had no clear answer. 

The young man let out a small sigh and slowly leaned on the window.

And to think that the innkeeper had the same name as the Jiang Clan... What are the odds of that happening?

Then again, what are the odds of waking up in a different reality, right?

If this was indeed a case of time travel, then there is a possibility that the Jiang surname survived this far. And in that case, this innkeeper's ancestors may be associated with the Jiang Clan.

Wei Wuxian couldn't help but weakly chuckle at the thought, finding the possibility of that being true amusing. Was this the second time that he was 'picked up' and saved by the Jiangs? Honestly, he would not mind it. In this unfamiliar world, he would not mind finding something to bridge the temporal distance between him and his family...

 In this unfamiliar world, he would not mind finding something to bridge the temporal distance between him and his family

It's not like things would be the same as before though, even If I return...

That's right. The world he was hoping to return to did not even exist anymore. His sister was no longer in it. Wen Qing and Wen Ning were also gone. Yuan, and all the other Wen remnants he had been living with, were executed. It was a world where his brother wanted him dead. A world with no one to return to. The image of his world was slowly shedding into pieces until a familiar voice suddenly reassured him.