"No schemes, no plots, no ruzes. See you soon my Owlet" I nodded as she grabbed Owlbert and closed the door. I stood there for a moment as Hooty approached me, Celeste landing on my shoulder.

"Ya know- Hooty... she didn't say anything about Shennanigans" I smirked, Hooty smiling wide and heading to the coat closet, coming back with a dark blue cloak made of Witches Wool. Mom made it for me a few years ago, but then she tightened the rules on letting me leave due to an incident with my Owl Beast. I almost attacked town... Since then, I've never been allowed outside passed the tree line surrounding the house. 

"Hoot Hoot! Bag packed with snails, fidgets, elixers, palisman snacks, and masks for your precious face! Ya sure you don't want me to come, hoot?" I shook my head, kissing his head and petting him.
"If mom gets back before me, you need to be here to call me and help me sneak back in! I'll buy some frozen mice for you!" Hooty cooed happily, his feathers puffing up as I scratched his head. 

"Come on Celeste! Time to go!" I smiled wide as Celeste crawled into my messenger bag and snuggled in out of sight. I put my hood up, my smile growing as I took a deep breath and left the house, sticking to the ground so I don't run into mom. I got excited, knowing where mom's stand was so I could avoid her at all costs. 
I finally got to the market, humming happily and slipping one of my fidgets into my mouth. It was a silicone pendant for me to chew on.

"I can't believe I'm really here!" I bounced as I walked, looking at all the stands with weird foods before spotting the stand with the frozen mice to pay Hooty. I walked over, glancing around before spotting his favorite. 

"Hello! How much for 20 frozen door mice?" I asked the man, who looked me up and down, smirking.
"200 snails" I felt my breath catch in my throat. 200 snails?! That seems like a lot for just 20 door mice. I've got plenty of snails, so that should be fine.
I began digging for the snails, frowning as I had to gently push Celeste out of the way before I felt a strong hand grab my shoulder. I looked up, seeing a Golden mask.

"Don't pay that much, he's scamming you" the figure snarled, sounding assertive as he then looked to the now sweating seller.
"I- uh-"
"20 door mice is only 40 snails, right, sir?" the man snarled, the seller gulping and nodding his head aggressively.
I gave him the snails, recieving the cold mice and putting them into a cooler pouch in my bag before signing a 'thank you' to the guard and beginning to walk away. I began humming, before my thoughts began to swarm me.

Who was that man?
What if he doesn't know sign language?!
What if he thinks I was ungrateful?
Oh Titan, what if he knows my mom and tells her I'm here?!

I felt the familiar tingling on my arms, lifting them from my cloak and quickly wiping off the cyan feathers beginning to grow. 

"Calm... stay calm..." I breathed in and out slowly, before spotting a stall full of plushies. I love this show called Bluey, and I spotted a bunch of plushies from the show at this stall.
"I'm sure one more Bluey item won't hurt" I shrugged, heading over to the seller and this time checking the prices thoroughly. I gasped, spotting plushies for Muffin and Socks- Bluey's cousins! I adore Socks, she's my favorite character! I picked up the plush, inspecting it for details and to make sure it was void of any damages before handing it to the sellar and grabbing the snails stated on the tag.

"30 snails, right?"
"Right you are, young lady" she smiled, making me giddy as I handed her the snails, in turn she gave me back the plush toy as I hugged it gently. I began walking again, happy with my purchase before someone bumped into me, making me snap back into reality as I realize this was a scam mom taught me about. I turned suddenly, grabbing the wrist of the pickpocket that had tried to sneak up and steal my wallet when his buddy bumped into me.