Chapter One: Human Girl

Rose's POV:

I like hunting for food by myself. There's no need for me to hunt, because there's plenty of humans at the castle. But this is the only time I can get to myself. Sometimes I don't even hunt, I just roam around. Out here in the peace and quiet, no annoying sisters, or Queen duties...just silence and food. I left the castle earlier tonight, but I'm not sure why. There's something different about tonight, and I can't figure out why. Usually my intuition is spot on, that's what makes me a good Queen. So the fact that I can't figure out why tonight is different, concerns me.

As I'm walking through a dark alleyway, a strong intoxicating scent catches my attention. As soon as I smelled it, my eyes went red and fangs came out. I started following the scent. I need it, whoever smells this damn good, I need them. I want to drain them completely..or maybe..savor them to make the blood supply last longer. This scent was driving me crazy, making my primal instincts show itself. I've never experienced this before, this human's blood must be extremely rare. And I better get to them before anyone else does. I want them all to myself.

After many left and right turns, I came across a small 3 story apartment building. It was 11:30 pm so most humans were asleep. Almost all the lights were off, except for one. I looked up to the second story window and the light was still on. The scent is definitely coming from there. I jumped onto the roof and peeked inside the window. It no longer only smelled like delicious blood, it smelled like mint and flowers. And the urge to drain the human was gone. Instead I feel kinda..protective of this human. Why?

Scanning the bedroom, my eyes found the human girl. She's about 5'3, she has long light brown hair with bangs and she's quite small. The girl walked towards the window, I quickly hid beside the window, trying not to be seen. A second later I peeked and saw her tending to some plants she had at the window. She looked out the window for a moment, and I caught a glimpse of her eyes. They were beautiful bright hazel eyes that were more on the green side. They put me in a sort of ..daze. "What the hell am I doing?" I thought to myself, shaking my head.

The girl then moved over to a decent size cage on the floor. She knelt down and looked like she was digging for something. A second later she picked up a small bag, it looked like treats for a pet. She moved to the side for a moment and I saw a guinea pig. I don't normally like small rodents, but I have to admit, this one is kinda cute. After feeding the guinea pig some treats, the girl turned her lights and TV off, then got into bed.

I want to get closer to her. I don't want her blood though...I think I want...her? With the bedroom now silent, I could hear her heartbeat better. It was a little fast at first, like she had anxiety. It made me want to comfort her. This is a strange feeling for me. I've never had any interest in anyone, nevermind a human. I also don't know exactly what these feelings are. After a little while, the girl's heartbeat slowed, she was now asleep. With her now asleep I quickly snuck in her room.

Standing by her window I wasn't sure what to do. But it's like I had no control of my body. I walked up to the side of her bed, watching her curiously. The only form of light in the room was the moonlight. But that didn't matter as my eyesight was incredible, I could still see everything. Still having no control of my body, I reached for her hair. It was in a messy bun but yet, it's so soft. I then caressed her face, touching her soft skin. The girl surprisingly slightly cuddled into my hand. I probably should've pulled my hand away in case she woke up, but I didn't want to. I noticed that she seemed to relax even more, with me there. Like she finds my presence comforting in a way. "What is so different about you..that makes me feel such strange things," I whispered.

I've only heard stories about when people felt like this. And when they felt this way, it was because they found their mate. But this girl couldn't possibly be my mate. She's just a human girl and I'm the Vampire Queen. It just can't be. But I can't shake the thought that she might be. I need to call my friend Beth. she found her mate, so maybe she can either confirm my suspicions, or tell me that I've officially lost it. Gently pulling my hand away, I snuck back out the window and watched her through her window from afar.

I pulled out my phone and called Beth. I don't like human's newer technology, but I only have a phone for emergencies. And this is an emergency to me. "Rose is using her phone?" Beth said sarcastically. "Yes, but I don't have time for jokes. I was out hunting like usual and I caught this intoxicating scent. I followed it and it brought me to this human girl. At first I wanted to drain her, and then suddenly I didn't. I was so close to this girl, and all I did was touch her lightly. I didn't even feel the urge to at least taste her blood, even though she smells incredible," I said, almost running out of breath. "Well, looks like I'm not the only one with a human mate," Beth laughed. "You really think so?" I asked. "Rose, you know the answer to that. She's your mate, that's why you don't want to harm her," She explained.

"But she's a human and I'm the fucking Vampire Queen,"

"Love knows no bounds,"

"How would I even approach her? What would be everyone's reaction when they find out that their Queen's mate is a human?"

"These are all things you'll figure out with time. And for those who would be against you for having a human mate, isn't truly loyal. For everyone knows, you can't beat the mate bond,"

"I guess you're right," I sighed. "I know," she laughed and ended the call. This is probably going to get messy. Being the Vampire Queen with a human mate. Unless I don't return to the castle, I leave the throne. Never in a million years would I think that I'd end up thinking this way. But this girl is something. I need to watch her, learn everything I possibly can about her. Learn what she loves, hates, what scares her and what comforts her. Then I'll approach her. I don't know how, but I know that I have to. Then maybe I could think about returning home. Maybe... 

----------

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy "My Rose". This is my second story, my first is called "Skye and her Alpha". All story characters are mine, and yes I use myself as one of the main characters as it is easier for me to write that way. I update every other day, and I already have chapters just waiting to be published.

Please feel free to comment on anything good or bad, and make sure to vote! This lets me know if you are actually enjoying my story! Thank you!