It's time to finish this

Start from the beginning

Trunks watched his father in awe. The face he made was a mix of anger, sadness, and agony. This must have been the way he showed remorse, and compassion. Why hadn't he seen it before? Gohan, with tears still leaking down his cheeks, looked at Vegeta wide eyed. "V-Vegeta."

The soft and tender moment was interrupted by a sonic boom that knocked them forward. Spinning around Gohan and the others faced the whirlwind of power in horror. This power, no, it couldn't be. "It's Cell!" Piccolo shouted over the loud vicious booms and high winds. From between the clouds of dust an energy beam shot through and zipped past the group hitting the one person no one expected.

"Trunks!" Krillen shouted as the beam went right through his chest and knocked him back several feet. Vegeta watched the display a sick roll in his stomach. No, not him too! What was the matter with him? Why was everyone in his life being killed? Why!

He heard Cell's vicious laughter and the anger rose as did the sick roll. Pain shot through every vessel and pounded in his head. "No, what is wrong with you? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US!" He shouted at Cell the agony in his heart swelling hard and he didn't know how to deal with it, how to control it.

"Oh absolutely nothing," Cell laughed. What was worse than his appearance was the fact that all his perfect power had returned. He stood in perfect shape, no wounds, no bruises, and at full absolute strength. "I have everything I need."

Rikku ran her hands through her hair not understanding what was going on. "I just don't get it! How can Cell still be alive?"

"I don't know how, but he managed to survive the blast."

"So, he could still destroy the Earth?" No, she thought clenching her fists, don't let it be true. Don't let her sacrifice be in vain! She gave up everything to ensure Cell would die.

"Seems all you managed to do was destroy my planet." King Kai said in malice, but quickly gave an apologetic look when pain began to read all over Rikku's face.

"Cell tricked me." Rikku lowered herself to Snake Way and she had the urge to punch it until either it crumbled or her knuckles bled. "DAMN YOU CELL!"

"I must give Dr. Gero credit for his brilliant design." Cell gloated. The sheer terror and anger on each of the Z fighter's faces was delicious. The story of his revival had put doubt in the eyes of them all and it made his victory all the more sweet and satisfying. "My Cells had managed to absorb the "Instant Transmission" technique from Rikku, and it gave me the needs to find myself right back here on Planet Earth. Isn't that Divine?"

All the while Vegeta heard this story the more he began to tune it all out and focus his mind on more troubling details. He couldn't keep his eyes off his son, the hole in his chest bleeding profusely and blood vomiting from his mouth. It made him sick, and made him angry. How could he let this happen? How could he let Cell kill his son? What good was he to anyone if he couldn't protect those that he cared for the most?

As he felt Trunks' power grow weaker and weaker a sort of string snapped in his head. They were gone, both Trunks and Rikku were gone, and unless he did something soon Cell would destroy everything. The image of his boys, Baby Trunks, and little Goten popped into his mind and for the first time he found himself the need and desire to protect them.

"No!" He gritted his teeth. "I won't let you hurt anyone else." His hair flickered super Saiyan and his power shot through the roof and he screamed holding his head as the power zoomed through him like a wave of euphoria.

Gohan and Cell blinked and whirled their bodies in his direction as Vegeta's body began to morph as Gohan's had. Vegeta let it swell and he tasted the power and continued to let it grow until his mind had gone blank, and the rage took over. Like a shot he zipped past Gohan and straight at Cell slamming his fist into him and letting the Android have it!