ONC2023 The Thing Within

Copyright 2023. All rights reserved.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. No part of this publication can be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the author.

If you are reading The Thing Within on the website NovelHD, then that site you are on has stolen it from me and you are at risk of a malware attack. So, leave that website and return here to listen to my interesting book! 

This story is my second entry for the Open Novella Contest 2023

*     *     *     *     *

The Prompts

Prompt # 4: You are an archeologist working on a dig when you find a thick pane of glass. You dust the dirt away to see the inside of a massive bio-dome, hidden for too long. Only one organism is inside, and it was meant to be forgotten.

Prompt # 16 The world did not end in a bang, or a whisper, but rather one scream at a time.

Prompt # 49 Master the rules of the game until you can play it better than they can. Michael Scott, The Sorceress.

Prompt # 54 As townspeople are overcome with a deadly sickness, it's up to you, the only one not afflicted, to find the cause and cure.

Prompt # 62 Hell is empty and all the devils are here. - William Shakespeare