Prologue 1-1: Awaking and WTF are you/ am I?

Start from the beginning

He did get to finish because he was hit by a whip.

"Me-YEOW! That hurts!What in the... What is this ?! What gives?"

"Consider it tough love." Said a male voice. I fallowed the whip's to a gloved hands with golden talons-like nail-cover fingers. I then fallowed them up to a male body in a suit of some type with a neck-tie around the neck area. I fallowed the neck to the face of the owner of the voice that spoke. Although the majority of his face was cover by a bird like mask, he was wearing a top hat on top of his head. I could tell he is upset about something.

'Who the fuck is he? Where did you come from? Where were you earlier?'

"Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid, splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students?."

I blinked a few times when I heard that. 'This year's new student? What is going on? Did I really go through the mirror to take me where I'm supposed to go?'

"My, where are you ever eager to make your debut."

Again I blinked a few times. 'Eager to make my Debut for what?!'

"And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rule."

I blinked a few more times before doing the confused puppy look. My eyes landing on Grim while also on this strange bird mask man. 'Poorly trained familiar? Does he mean this raccoon-cat he's got tied up in his whip? Also... What's a familiar?'

"As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go!" Yelled Grim as he struggle to get loose.

"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. To be quiet for a bit, won't you?" The man said as he brought Grim closer to him.

"Mmmrph!" Came Grim's reply as the man wrapped one part of the whip over Grim's mouth for him to be quiet.

'I almost feel sorry for the little guy.'

"Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it." The man said as he folded his arm and closed his eyes. As he uncrossed his arm he asked. "Does the very notion of patience elude you?"

I blinked again a few times before I shrugged. Sometimes patients elude me, sometimes it don't. It just depends on the circumstances. Although what he said about gate has my head tilting the other way like a puppy. 'What does he mean by gate? Hmm...I wonder.'

He opened his eyes and said, "No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber."

I finally spoke. "Gate...?" My head still tilted like that of a puppy in confusion. 'Is he talking about that room full of coffins I was in earlier?'

"You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not?" He replied. 'Why does the student voice sound like a female voice instead of a male? Could this student be a female instead of a male? If so then another school violation has occurred. We are planning to go Co-Ed next year for a new school year. Best doing it now with one female for now and see how it goes.'

"Of all the students here at the campus arrive by passing through such gates. Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up." The man spoke as he crossed his arms again.

"So those coffins are like... fucking gateways? I believe something blew the lid off mine." I question as I informed him with what happened to mine. "Nearly got burn too." I mutter.

"The design is intended to civilize a party with your former world and a rebirth into a new one. As well the culprit appears to be this familiar of yours." The man said as he looked at Grimm was upset face. The man then turned to me."You're the one who assisted on bringing it, so curtailing its behavior is your responsibility!"

The man took on a quizzling look as he brought his hand to his chin and crossing the other. "But now it's not the time for such prattle." He then drop his hand to his sides by looking at me. "You have a student orientation to attend! Go on, now. Make haste."

I nodded a little bit before speaking. "First, just tell me one thing: Who the fuck are you?"

He looked at me shocked, before he took on the quizzling look once more. "Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness? The time space teleportation must have addled your memories..."

His arms by his side once more turning towards me. "Well, these things happen, I suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless." He then starts to walk and I followed.

We walk through the courtyard that I had passed running after jumping out a classroom window.

"*Ahem*" The man cleared his throat, before speaking. "This is Night Raven College. It is an institute for students the world over who demonstrates a rare aptitude for magic. It is the most prestigious academy of its sort and all of Twisted Wonderland. And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as the headmage."

"Academy?" I question. 'Great... I'm in a school. I just a few months ago graduated from the Ninja Academy. I go from one school to another one. Well at least I know his name now.'

"Only those who the Dark Mirror perceive as having a talent for magic are made it to the college. Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those 'gates', which can appear anywhere. A black carriage wearing one such cake should have come to meet you."

I tilted my head like that of a puppy with a quizzling look on my face. Trying to remember.

"I do kind of remember crossing a dark Forest..."

"That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror. It too bears a gate that connects to this campus. And as you know, then he cares to me someone on a special day is a time-honored a tradition. "

I blinked a few times before slightly turning my head tilting like a puppy with a quizzing look on my face with wide eyes. "Um, A time-honored WHERE?"

"Mmfff! Mmmmmmfff!" Came Grim's muffled replied as he still struggled to get out of the whip.

Mr.Dire Crowley ignore my question and Grim's struggle as he said. "Now let us attend to your orientation."

'"My What!?"' I thought and shouted at the same time with my eyes wide.