"It's also called decompression sickness or generalised barotrama" Sophia smiled. They all looked at her with a 'really?' face. 

"I can dive," John B Chimmed up, everyone looked at him with uncertainty on their faces. 

"You can dive, I'm cool with that" 

"Since when can you dive?" Kiara asked with disbelieve. 

"I'll do it," John B reminded, already uncertain of himself. "It's fine" 

Pope stood up and grabbed a pen and paper, "let me do some calculations" he muttered, writing something down, "so that boats about thirty feet down." 

Sophia got up and walked over to Kiara who was standing at the other end of the boat. "Im gunna tie my shirt at the safety stop," Kiara says briefly. "wanna come?'

"Yeah sure, that lot don't need our help" Sophia replied. 

Pope finished his calculations "so it'll take 25 minutes at that depth so you need to make your safety stop at about ten feet. Alright? For two minutes" 

"Ten feet, got it"

The boys attention shifted to Both girls as they pulled their shirts and shorts off, jumping into the water. 

"What was all that about?" Pope asked.

"I don't know. But I liked it. A lot." JJ shrugged, staring at where Sophia used to be. The girls resurfaced, Kie explained their sudden dive. Sophia lifted herself up on the boat, not noticing JJ silently watching her. JJ threw Sophia the shirt she pulled off.

 "Hey if we get caught in the march we're basically screwed so..better get a move on" Pope reminded. 

"Okay so, think zen ya know? Zen" JJ tried to fill John B with confidence.

"Copy that"

Sophia sat down at the edge of the boat, Kiara walked up to John B and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. In astonishment Sophia nearly fell over the edge of the boat, she looked between JJ and Pope with raised eyebrows. 

"Diver down?" John B said, still stunned from the 'kiss.'

"Diver down." Kie repeats. 

John B saluted and hopped off down from the boat. Kiara want and sat next to Sophia. Sophia gave her a look of questioning. "What?" Kie sassed, placing a hand on her knees. 

Sophia smirked, "oh, nothing." She turned around to get her book out of her backpack. Just as everyone began to relax a police boat siren wailed, making its way to the pogues. Pope looked back, "Shit, JJ"

JJ looked back to the boat, his expression turning from happiness to panic, "guys, that's the police" 

"Fucking wonderful." Sophia quavered. 

"Just act fricken normal," Kie exclaimed, keeping her gaze straight, trying her best not to look at the coppers.

"Evening officers," pope said as the police boat came ton a stop right beside them. One of the officers handed Pope a rope which he handed to JJ "JJ, tie it off", JJ tied it to the HMS Pogue. Deputy Shoupe removed his glasses, studying the teens. 

"How you kids doing?" He dappled, "You know the marsh is closed?"

The four teens shook their heads, "No. No we did not."

"Why- why is it closed?" Pope questioned, he hoped he didn't sound suspicious but he did. 

"Well we're conducting a search out here" He sighed, looking around the boat. "Boat went down"