𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟑 - 𝑨 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒚

Wei Wuxian walked out of the small bathroom whilst slightly drying his damp long hair with a towel. He had already changed out of his waiter garments and slipped into more comfortable grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. A couple of weeks had passed since he started adapting to this world, and he'd still feel overly fascinated by every single invention. Back in his world, there were no such things as bathtubs that filled themselves with water in a matter of seconds. To top the cherry, he could change the temperature of the water at his own will and even control the flow of it simply by turning the knob. How haven't they thought of this genius system in his world yet?

It was now evening, and the once-blue sky was prepping for the onset of night. Wei Wuxian had a little bit of free time for himself while Madam Jiang took care of serving her last regular clients. After entering the bedroom and closing the door behind him, he immediately head toward the nightstand beside his bed and grab the rectangular object. He then sat on the bed, his back comfortably leaning against the bedstand, while the slightly wet towel remained around his neck. He had been busy lately with figuring out how this tool known as a 'smartphone' functions. Ever since he first woke up in this world, he noticed that almost everyone carried one of these.

"Let's see..."

He mumbled to himself as he scrolled through the initial pages, still taking his time to discover the different 'applications' it had to offer. He had finally been able to afford one after a few weeks of working at the restaurant, and Jiang Hiao even persuaded him that he'd need one for his new job. Nonetheless, the poor woman could not help him with such things since she was satisfied with her old flip phone, which she occasionally used for the sole purpose of contacting people. He had seen her call her family a few times to check up on them, but the conversations never lasted that long- she had also tried to invite them for a brief visit, but quickly brushed away the suggestion when they seemed reluctant to accept. How come people are too busy to even visit their parents?

No matter how much Wei Wuxian felt sorry for the old lady, he tried to keep out of her business. After all, she'd probably have a hard time talking about it as well. At those times, he simply makes sure to stand by her side and attempts to lighten up the mood with his optimistic attitude.

"This should be the Camera..."

He mumbled and proceeded to click on that item, and to his surprise, the screen projected exactly what was in front of him. He smiled in astonishment whilst slightly moving the phone around, observing his bedroom from the rectangular object's perspective. Then, after clicking on the circle below the image, the image was suddenly captured and saved. Turns out that taking 'pictures' was not that difficult after all. And one soon turned into twenty more images of the bed chamber, each one of them from a different angle and position. He could not help it- there was this feeling of challenging the laws of nature, by capturing memories and saving them somewhere else besides his mind.

If only he had been able to take pictures of his family, of his sister Yanli... To possess a more accurate and permanent depiction of her gentle smile- or even of A-Yuan, to remember that cute little pout of this whenever Wei Wuxian would tease him too much. All of this rather than solely depending on weak memories that could fade over time or get distorted and affected by his emotions.

Wei Wuxian sighed as he placed the phone down on the nightstand, and got up from the mattress before walking toward the window. He leaned his elbows against the window board and observed the view that he had gotten quite accustomed to. At this time of the day, the noisy atmosphere of the market would slowly calm down, and the vendors would bring the products and items from the outside stalls back inside the stores. He too had adapted to his new life, working at the restaurant during the day, and discovering this small area of the city whenever he had free time or some errands to run in the market. The elderly people in the neighborhood had already grown used to his polite and cheerful greetings, and he'd always make sure to help them whenever they struggled with something. He might not know how a phone works, but he can do anything when it comes to the workforce. Carry heavy objects? No problem! Help them build some furniture? Not an issue! No wonder his radiant presence was so appreciated already.