"Shehnaaz tu room main ja ke change kar le if you don't want to eat." Sidharth said as he noticed fallen face but Shehnaaz knew both Shamita and Ashok looked forward to weekends to spend time with them,she wanted to be with them too but she felt a hankering the need to cry in order to reduce her distress, which had been building since she had heard Sidharth and Mr. Ashok speak of the trip.

"I want to have ice cream, can you call for ice-cream Sidharth?aap log khana khtam karo,main change karke aayi,phir saath main khayenge " she said trying to look cheerful but Sidharth could clearly see her struggle.

"Ofcourse, you go and change, I will call you once we will be done" Sidharth uttered, she went back to their room, and changed into one of her night suits.She decided to lay down for few minutes before going downstairs and the moment she was alone and knew things were beyond her control,she couldn't control her tears anymore and broke down.She sobbed and cried until she felt completely drained,after a while, she slowly calmed herself down, but the helplessness lingered.She cleared away her tears and drew a sigh,as she knew that his journey was an absolute necessity and he would have stayed back if things were in his control.

Shehnaaz was yet to get used to the fact that she was pregnant, this realization would just come and vanished, as if she was forgetting it completely and would suddenly realise that their life was going to change irreversible. As this realization hit her again,she touched her belly andcouldn't stop smiling. It was truly a confusing state to be ,her mood was just forever changing. She had gone through a lot of different emotions in a short span of time: helplessness, excitement, fear, joy.Taking a deep breath, she slowly made her way downstairs as she knew her in-laws were waiting downstairs, eager to spend time with her.

As soon as she entered the living room, Shamita broke out into excited chatter. Shehnaaz smiled and took a seat, trying to look as cheerful as she could.

They chatted and laughed and soon the conversation got shifted to ice-cream. Shehnaaz felt her stomach churn, but she agreed to have some. She somehow savored the tasty sweetness, so she asked for a second serving.

"Are you feeling sleepy?" Samarth asked Shehnaaz when he noticed that she was rubbing her eyes.

"Nahih woh aise hi." she replied.

"Shehnaaz soja Jake agar neend aa rahi hai toh" Sidharth adviced,he could sense that Shehnaaz was completely worn-out, and her slightly red nose indicated that she had shed tears before coming downstairs. He was upset yet powerless in the situation.

"Ek scoop aur ice cream chaiye." she said and after a few scoops, She excused herself and went back upstairs to her room.Meanwhile, Sidharth stayed back in the dining room, talking with the family.

Shehnaaz felt dead on her feet, but she was glad that she had gone downstairs for her in-laws' happiness. She lay down on her bed and within no time slept. When Sidharth finally came to their room, he saw her sleeping. He felt a sting of self- condemnation engulfing him. He knew that she was feeling vulnerable and he should be with her during this time.He knew she was too fragile to go through this alone and he wished he could always be there by her side.
He sat down near her and lovingly tucked her stray hair behind her ears and kissed her forehead, hoping she would feel fine and then looked down at her tummy which brought a wide smile on his face,they were pregnant, this realization was taking him to some other world. He kept adoring her when he suddenly realised that she needed to have her medicines.

"Shehnaaz,get up and have your prenatal vitamins and those pills for morning sickness." he said,shaking her lightly.

"Aap aa gaye?" She woke up and asked.

"Hmmm, it was getting unbearable for you to sit there during dinner na baby ?" he asked while taking out medicine from a paper bag.

"Little bit,but I felt good after having ice cream" she said.