I could help myself as I laughed knowing that their confusion was something they had to get used to with Elijah. I was glad I was not one of them, a weird sense of pride came over me knowing that.

Elijah was between the kitchen counter and I. I trapped him between my arms as he peeled an apple and cut up pieces which he'd feed to me and then himself as we talked about the day and moments that made us laugh. It was quiet and yet a hushed murmur echoed through the house.

"Hey," we looked up to see Arson sigh and sit by the counter, his eyes on the plate Elijah was using as though he couldn't face us.

"Hey," Elijah and I exchanged looks only for Arson to run a hand over his face and try for a hard smile. "Everything okay?"

"Huh? Oh," his eyes went from Elijah and I, "oh, yeah, yeah, great, really." I met Elijah's gaze and he popped a piece of apple into his mouth.

"You sure?" He paused and his eyes became so glassy as he blinked and swallowed deeply, seeming to struggle and chuckle, sniffing and looking away.

"Yeah," his brows furrowed and Elijah walked around the table, his hand on Arson's shoulder. Elijah silently rubbed the man's shoulder and then he broke down. I watched with numbness as my friend, the brave and fierce wolf who was always a step ahead of me, cry, his shoulders trembled and I didn't have a single word to say, I couldn't offer anything that could make him feel better. "I don't know what else to do." He whimpered and I found myself rounding the table to hug him.

His arms wrapped around my torso as he sobbed and shook, I looked over at Elijah. We waited for him to calm down and Elijah gave him a glass of water as he chuckled and sniffed.

"Thanks, not sure what just came over me."

"Arson." Elijah frowned and Arson shook his head.

"No, really..." He sighed, we were all silent as he tapped his finger on the table. "I-uh-....wanted to ask, though, just, just a question." He looked towards Elijah who nodded. "It's just that, there really isn't much on the curse, I don't think any of them really tried to understand it, I've been compiling some notes but..."he sighed. "What can I do, Elijah? I'm stumped here, it's been two years and every time...everytime he looks at me it's like he isn't there, I don't want to lose him. I don't... I don't want to be wrong."

Elijah's eyes closed and opened so slowly as though he were making a decision. "There are only three ways we can go about this," he began softly. "The cure, requires the original maker, or someone from their bloodline-"

"And I can't find them, not even a distant relative, I don't even know how that would even happen because...well, magic was dead...until now." Arson filled in reminding us just how smart he was and I couldn't help smiling.

"Exactly," Elijah whispered as though there was a different route to the same thing and I knew it's just that he couldn't say. "Then there's a suppressant. This is a potion that will eradicate all feelings he has for you, good and bad. It would dull the curse enough that he no longer has much memory of you."

"Doesn't that mean...I'd be starting over? Doesn't sound like a suppressant but a complete mind wipe." Elijah sighed.

"Not really, because it's permanent." Elijah murmured softly as though it was almost impossible to believe he'd admitted that himself.