Chapter 19: The girl who thinks she's perfect.

Start from the beginning

Clove's p.o.v.

I decided to start walking to Maralyn's house. Already fifteen minutes had passed, and I started to get bored anyways. I didn't knew what Cato was about to do. But the fact that he didn't wanted to tell me scared the crap out of me. What was he about to do? And why did I had to trust him. I didn't knew what was happening at all. I closed the door behind me and left the house.

Cato's p.o.v.

''Thanks for coming.'' Maralyn said. She sat down as close as she could next to me. I tried not to move. I felt really uncomfortable. Maralyn laid her head on my shoulder. THE BITCH!!! But I decided to play the game. I grabbed her chin with my forefinger, and kissed her cheek. ''Is there a toilet?'' I asked her. ''Downstairs next to the front door.'' She said and sighed. I walked out of her room and acted like I was using the toilet. Actually, I opened the front door, and I saw Clove walking in the street. ''Clove!'' I hissed. She looked up at me. I motioned her to come over. ''Wait a sec.'' I said, while she closed the door behind her. I walked to the toilet and flushed it. ''Follow me, and be quiet!'' I whispered. We both walked upstairs, Clove as quiet as possible.

Clove's p.o.v.

''Cato?'' I heard Maralyn saying. ''Yes Maralyn.'' He said, while we were walking up the stairs. I hided next to the door of Maralyn's room, so she couldn't see me. Cato checked if I was out of her sight. He held my hand for a second. Everything is going to be okay, just trust me He said telepathic. I nod, and he opens the door. I still didn't knew what he was going to do. But he still had my knife. And I was worrying sick about him. ''Cato.'' Maralyn said. I looked into the room. Pink. I hate pink! She motioned Cato to sit down next to her, on the bed. When he sat down, Maralyn moved closer to her. Too close! What the heck was she doing?!? Her face moved closer to his. Clove, he told you, you just had to trust him. I saw her kiss him. I closed my eyes. I couldn't watch this. The worst part was, HE KISSED HER BACK!!! I opened my eyes again. They were still kissing. Maralyn's hands moved up to his Jacket. She was trying to have sex with him! I tried to grab one of the knives I took with me, but saw Cato grabbing something out of his pocket. My knife! He was going to kill her!!! ''CATO NO!'' I shouted, but I was too late. He stabbed the small knife into her stomach. She screamed and cried. I felt happy about the fact that Maralyn was dying. But Cato would go into jail! Cato got up. ''WHAT THE HELL CATO!!!'' I shouted. ''She kissed me. She didn't believe that you're my fiancé. She even tried to have sex with me. She deserves to die.'' He said calm. Maralyn was laying on the floor, hands around her wound. Her clothes were covered in blood. ''And you just kill her!'' I said. ''I thought you would be happy!'' He said. ''I am! I really am! But I care about you.'' ''What do you mean?'' He asked me. ''You're going into jail! They'll arrest you!'' I shouted, crying. He walked towards me, and wrapped his strong muscular arms around my body. ''I'm sorry, but our life is going to be much better. I promise.'' He said. I buried my face into his chest. Maralyn was still screaming, but her screams became softer. I looked around. Her body stopped moving. ''Is she dead?'' I asked Cato after a minute. He kneeled down next to Maralyn, and felt her pulse. ''Yes! Yes she is!'' He said, his voice filled with happiness.

We walked home. I didn't talk to Cato. I was... shocked. He already killed so much people in the last month. Maralyn deserved to die. But if they found out that Cato murdered her...

Cato's p.o.v.

We came home, and I immediately started kissing Clove. But she pulled away after a few seconds. ''Cato..'' I cut her off. ''It's going to be okay.'' I said. ''I don't know.'' She said. ''I mean, what would happen IF you would go into jail.'' A tear streamed down her face. ''I don't know, but I'll figure something out, so it won't happen.''

When Clove was relaxed again, she told me the whole Cass thing. I understood. We ate dinner, and sat down in the living room, watching TV. I turned on Capitol TV. ''BREAKING NEWS OUT OF DISTRICT 2!'' The woman on the TV said. ''The popular girl Maralyn Silverthon has been murdered today. Her father found her dead body in her house. The peace keepers don't know who the murderer is, or how it has happened. All we know, is that she's been stabbed with a small weapon in her stomach...'' Clove turned off the TV before the woman could finish. ''I told you.'' She said, trying not to look at me. ''And I told you something.'' I said, and I went upstairs.

I dropped myself on the bed. I knew she cared about me, and loved me. But she just had to understand that everything was going to be okay. I heard the door. ''Cato?'' Clove asked. I didn't answer. She walked into the down and laid down on the bed, next to me. ''I'm sorry.'' She said. ''No, you shouldn't be. Like I told you, everything is going to be okay.'' I said. She lays her head on top of my chest. ''I understand you. I'll try to believe you.'' She said. I kissed her head. She sighed. We fell asleep pretty soon after that.

I wake up by knocking on the door. I was still in my clothes, and ran downstairs. Clove also woke up and ran after me. I opened the door and saw a few peace keepers. I looked at Clove, her eyes were wide open. But then, I saw someone between the eight peace keepers. Snow. ''Can I come inside?'' He asked us. ''Sure.'' I said, and me, Clove and Snow walked over to the living room. The peace keepers stayed outside.

''Mister Cato Hadley. I know what you've done to that girl.'' He said. Clove and I both swallowed. ''But, I told everybody who knows, not to tell anyone else. If they do, they'll be executed. If you have a good reason for this murder, maybe I'll be able to see through this accident.'' He said. ''President Snow. Maralyn tried to have sex with me, in front of my fiancé.'' I said. ''Is this true?'' Snow asked Clove. She nods. ''that's all I needed to know. Nothing will happen to you mister Hadley, but promise me you'll never do this again. Forget what has happened.'' He said. ''I promise.'' I said. Snow turned around and walked out of the house, closing the door behind him.

''Well that was easy.'' Clove said. I kissed her.

Another week passed, and today, was Clove's birthday. I woke up early, so I could surprise her. I made croissants for her. She always loved them. Clove came downstairs, I didn't even realise she was awake before. She was still in her pyjama. ''HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!'' I shouted. She actually looked surprised. She looked at the breakfast I made her. ''Thank you!'' She said. ''You are very welcome.'' I said. ''Now sit down and eat.'' I told her. She did what I told her. ''This is delicious.'' She said. ''While you're enjoying this, I have a present for you.'' She looked up to me. ''A present? Cato, you shouldn't have done...'' I cut her off. ''Yes I should.'' I say, while grabbing the box. I put it down in front of her eyes. She looks at me. ''So, what's in the box?'' I say. She laughs, and opens the box. When she sees the knife, her mouth falls open. ''Oh. My. Gosh!'' She says. I smile. ''I'm glad you like it.'' I say.