I leaned toward Hwang. "You sleep quite easy, I must say." Carefully, I plucked the book off him to see if he wasn't bullshitting me. He scrunched his nose when the pages of the book brushed it lightly. The hand on his chest followed and rubbed it with the back in one quick sweep. With a deep, content sigh leaving his parted lips, his head rolled on his right cheek, making his hair partly curtain his eyes.

The book was placed on top of the wooden lid of the record player that was now turned off and I went on my haunches to get a better look at him. With two fingers, I brushed the few strands behind his ear that was blocking my view.

"Like this, you are not so horrible," I whispered and inched a little closer. "Cute even," I then confessed. My brain got imprinted with everything my eyes were taking in for me as it skitted over his face like a scanning device; his little mole. The long lashes. The golden complexion of his skin. His lips. I got a lot of images saved of that.

The skin above his upper lip was red from the many lip licking. It must be a nervous habit of his. And his bottom lip was slightly parched from the wintery weather. I caught myself in time for letting the pad of my finger run over the pink flesh, which was turning more into a red button that said don't push.

I sucked my bottom lip in, contemplating what to do with this. One side of me wanted to kick him out of the bed and scold him all the way back to his own home. The other side replayed yesterday night's soft moans and pleaded voice of Hwang who tried to catch some sleep. The darkened skin beneath his fanned-out lashes told me he needed that—badly.

A deep rumble of annoyance came through my chest as I straightened my stance. My hand ruffled through my hair and I walked toward the lounge chair that overlooked the city. A neatly folded duvet lay over the backrest and I took it so I could cover Hwang up without waking him.

All nicely tucked in, I grabbed a small remote from a bookshelf and pressed the button to close the curtains. They swiftly moved just above the hardwood flooring and shut out every kind of lighting.

"He better be fucking nice to me after this." The lights were shut off and I left Hwang alone in complete darkness. 

I made my way toward my own bedroom. Too tired to take another shower so instead I splashed some water into my face and dabbed it dry with a small towel. Fresh and dead tired, I finally lay my head on the pillow that had waited too long. The silk covers felt extra good against my skin tonight and caressed me into a very deep sleep.

The next morning. Or more like, a few hours later, I sat at the kitchen island with coffee in one hand and buttered up toast in the other while doing some reading on my tablet. I was a human who enjoyed his morning ritual to be the same every day. It calmed me, knowing my brain wasn't needed for a while because I could do everything on autopilot.

The only big difference this morning was Chan who walked in in only his long boxer shorts with curled, messy hair. And Hwang who most likely was still passed out upstairs. So I really hoped this morning would pass by uneventfully. I wasn't very eager to witness the cold air hitting the warm current and turning my penthouse into a loud and very dangerous thunderstorm.

"Morning," Chan yawned and sat next to me. He took a toast from a plate and scraped some butter on it. "I didn't hear you come in last night. Did you make it late?" Brown, sleepy eyes turned to me as he started to munch on the toasted bread.