✜ㅤ──ㅤ﹙𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏﹚

As the little bell rang from the door indicating the arrival of a customer, the workers were all ears to take the order. The burnt and cozy smell of coffee could warm up the coldest heart. As people sipped their hot coffees their waves of stress were eased off for a while.

New customers arrived and waiters attended to them. Soon the bell again chimed indicating someone new came. The waiter aged 18, named Yeonjun with blue hair greeted the person who had brown hair and soon led them to their usual spot which was quite away from the busy section and was right in front of the counter where the twenty-four years old barista with blond hair worked. It was a regular customer.

Yeonjun sighed before going to place the customer's order as he already knew what the person wanted as they always ordered the same. The young lad went to that particular barista and said that a certain customer came. The blond looked at the younger one with a knowing look and soon started to make the order, in silence.

It was always the same, the customer would come with the hope of getting some response from the barista, who would never even bother to show his presence to the other. Yeonjun was fed up with that and finally, he voiced out, "Jeongguk Hyung, you know you should just accept Eunwoo Hyung's proposal. It has been more than 4 months that he is coming, ordering, and leaving without any response from you. How long are you going to make him suffer?!"

The barista just kept silent and continued to do his work, totally ignoring the boy, who felt defeated by his hyung-like boss. "Here, go and give him this. And yes, ask him to not come here again. I am not good at keeping patience for so long. He doesn't know me, thus, he should stop before I forget my promise and do something I won't regret but only he would get hurt," Jeongguk finally spoke and handed the coffee to the waiter.

Yeonjun silently took the coffee and left, he knew better not to trigger the male more than he already was, as the blond only talked about his promise when he was indeed on the verge of losing his calm demeanor.

The blue-haired male gave the order and repeated the same thing his boss asked him to say, like a parrot. Hearing that, Eunwoo yet again became heartbroken, he did not know what less he had or what wrong he did for the barista to not even give him a chance to court the other. He shed some tears of pain, seeing that Yeonjun could not help but comfort the male.

"W-what's less in m-me? A-am I not worth it?" Eunwoo cried out while the young waiter patted his back.

"It's okay, Hyung. One day, he wo--"

"That one day would never nor even I want that to come." He was cut off by Jeongguk who finally came out. "Choi Yeonjun, didn't I ask you to warn this man, or do you want me to ask you in other ways?" The blond was having a hard look on his face, his eyes showed nothing but coldness. The blue-haired male just looked down as he knew the older only took his full name when he was dead serious or extremely angry.

Eunwoo totally ignored his talk and went to the blond while holding his hands he said, "Gguki--"

The brunette could not even take the name properly when he was harshly jerked away from the other by the blond himself and landed on the ground. Jeongguk, with his deep, cold voice warned, "DON'T. FUCKING. DARE. TO. CALL. ME WITH. THAT. NAME. NOR. EVEN. TRY. TO. TOUCH. ME. YOU MOTHERFUCKING BASTARD!" The blond thundered in utter rage, Yeonjun could literally feel the anger the older was radiating off. It was the first time he heard the barista curse. His loud voice echoed throughout the whole cafeteria, making every customer look at him.

"W-what's wrong in calling you G-ggukie?" The courage the brunette had to ask that truly amazed the blond as he chuckled darkly and held up the male by his collar.

"You freaking have the nerve to ask this?!" With that, Jeongguk threw a punch at the other's cheek. Everyone present there got very scared as they soon started to leave the place one by one, but the blond could care less. The beast in him was unleashed.

"First you had the audacity to come here and try to woo me! Then you being shameless showed up here every day even after I clearly said I am not fucking interested. And now you fucking dared to call me by that name and to touch me?! Who gave you all that right?! I am asking who the fuck gave you that bloody right?!" With each sentence, the blond hit the brunette.

Jeongguk did not care about his surroundings anymore. Yeonjun and the other waiters got afraid and they knew the person who could handle the raged male was only a certain purple-haired male. Thus, the blue-haired male acted fast and soon dialed that person's number, who without any second thoughts left for the said cafeteria.

Within ten minutes or so, the person arrived and directly went to the blond who was seeing nothing but red everywhere and was mercilessly beating Eunwoo. The male, with all his energy, pulled Jeongguk away while saying, "Please, stop, young master. Leave him. Please, for him and your promise to him. Stop."

Hearing his name, Jeongguk immediately froze and stopped whatever he was doing while taking that opportunity, all the waiters took the almost dead Eunwoo away from him. The blond jerked himself away from the purple-haired male's hold and screamed, "Are you happy now?! My promise broke. I freaking broke my promise! Are you freaking happy now?!" With that, he stormed off to his cabin. The purple-haired male followed him not before asking Yeonjun and others to treat the injured male.

Upon reaching the cabin, the male saw nothing but everything messed up and shattered, and the blond was crying his heart out sitting in a corner with his bloody hands holding a picture and mumbling sorry to that. The purple-haired male felt pity for the other. He could never imagine what the other might be going through as he neared the blond and got down to his level.

As he tried to touch the other, he was pushed away and Jeongguk muttered, "You must be so happy, right, Namjoon Hyung? I broke my promise, I became that old merciless monster again. I forgot everything. I became the heartless, inhuman future mafia leader from his adorable, sweet Ggukie. You must celebrate it, no? Go and celebrate it with your mafia gang. What are you doing here? Go and do it!"

Jeongguk's voice was calm and void of any emotions but Namjoon knew better. He was with the male from childhood, he knew the male like the back of his hand and beyond. Namjoon felt like crying and he did. His eyes shed some drops of salty water. He did what he thought was the best to do. He hugged the broken male tightly.

Jeongguk tried to protest but soon gave up and just broke down completely, "I broke my promise, Hyung. I failed him, Hyung. I failed him. I couldn't keep my promise." He kept on sobbing those words. The purple-haired male said nothing and just let the blond empty his heart by letting it out. By letting out everything he kept inside for so long.

•••

Assalamu Alaikum, hello everyone! So there you go, another new short series (?) in your area! Hope you all enjoy it. And do vote and comment down what your thoughts regarding the story and what not! See you in the next part. Till then stay safe and sound. Have a nice day/night ahead. Take care. Allah Hafeez.

- Wolfin.