𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟓 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑪𝒊𝒕𝒚

After being led into a much larger room, Wei Wuxian was told to stand on the side and wait for his turn. There were other models, which he quickly assumed due to their extravagant garments and outstanding beauty, chatting and chuckling among themselves. A few of them were throwing indiscreet glances at this unknown model if you could already call him that. Nevertheless, the young man was too busy to even notice it since his attention quickly shifted toward the main activity in the room.

A woman of utmost beauty was currently being photographed, and the job was nothing as he had imagined before stepping inside these doors. She was standing on top of a white canvas, large enough to cover a sufficient space on the ground as well as the white wall behind her. Around this backdrop were multiple other unknown items, and the young man could not quite figure them out. An artificial source of directional light, released from these so-called soft box lights, shone through their rectangular-shaped piece of polyester. It was subtle enough not to create any harsh shadows on the canvas on the wall, which was exactly their purpose. A few steps in front of the model, a tripod used to keep the shots steady was graciously standing tall, with a man behind it focusing on making the best out of his standard zoom lens. Such a small space had been prepped so tactically for one shot alone, and Wei Wuxian quickly understood why the camera of the smartphones could not be compared to this. In fact, the device being used was nothing like the phones used by people in this world. This optical instrument was bigger and had much room for a larger lens and sensor. Inevitably, the image quality of a phone could not compare.

Then again, Wei Wuxian could not understand nor care less about which of these options was better. Both devices were equally fascinating for this man, who had never even dreamed of being able to capture a moment inside an object. Give him the worst quality camera out there, and he will still treat it like the most precious gem to ever be found.

"Alright, it's your turn now" One of the staff quickly told Wei Wuxian, and the female model walked out of the backdrop. She glanced at the visibly confused man, and her lips curled upward into a smile. It was already the second time a lady had greeted him so nicely today- and he'd be lying if he said that such a gesture did not make him feel more confident. No matter if it is his world or this world, a smile coming from a beautiful lady is equally worth gold! No man would dare think otherwise, not even Lan Wangji! (despite his visibly uninterested expression)

Wei Wuxian returned the smile and proceeded to head toward the backdrop right after. Now that his current situation had kicked in, he did feel a little nervous- and the various curious looks coming from the other clearly more experienced models were not helping him.

Nevertheless, he had gone through much worse than this. What can possibly be dangerous about some flashing lig-

Flash.  And the poor man flinched.

"Ah- you already started-?" Wei Wuxian asked with a small awkward smile, which however earned a positive reaction from most female models in the room. He let out a small deep breath to prepare and followed the photographer's instructions regarding which pose he should make.

"Do you want to take a little break..?" The photographer asked as he briefly looked away from the lens.

"Huh? No, I am alright!" Wei Wuxian confidently reassured him, but the man seemed a little hesitant.

"Are you sure? You flinched a few times..."

"No no no-" He confidently waved his hand in denial. "I just had something in my eye!"

"Alright then...Try looking to your left, and put your body at ease"

Wei Wuxian nodded and did as told, internally wondering why this was more difficult than shooting an arrow in an archery competition.