Ch.9: On Location

Start from the beginning

"Oh, uh, no, nothing else, sir. Thank you." She accepted both cups of coffee in her hands.

She stared down at the cups making her way towards the set as filming had begun. The day was partially cloudy and would warm up, but only a bit more. Surrounding the set were multiple people, eyes on Wally and Barnaby who were performing. The theme of the episode was fall which showed by their colorful fall attire.

Since her first day, she hadn't seen Wally act in front of the camera and was a bit mesmerized by it. It came across as adorable and cute.

"Daisy," She turned to see the director rushing his way towards her quickly with a paper, "Here, I was told to give this to you."

She took the paper and gazed down at it, the schedule, not just for today, but the next three days, all on location.

"Thank you, *Benny." She smiled and whispered at him.

He gave a thumbs-up before returning to the camera. After a few more minutes Ben called the scene and dismissed Barnaby and Wally for a moment to change the set around.

"Hey! It's Daisy!" Barnaby rushed to the pink-haired girl, "You look a little cold."

"Barnaby, you have no idea." She laughed a bit. "Do you need anything, hon?"

"No thanks, Dais," He pat her on the head.

"Daisy, did you receive the new schedule?" Wally approached her.

"Yes, Mr. Darling," She held out the coffee, "I'm sorry but I couldn't get the temperature."

He continued to smile and smelled it, "What kind?"

"It's honey-caramel cappuccino." She smiled.

"Is it good?"

"I mean, I think it's good, however, it's not doing well in the keeping-me-warm department." She admitted.

"Oh, you poor thing, Daisy." Barnaby wrapped an arm around her, "If only you had a thick coat of fur."

"I have been so envious of a muppet until now, Barnaby," She leaned into him. "I'll have to dress warmer tomorrow."

"Daisy," Wally began as he sat in his chair, "I would like you to go into the trailer and grab one of my sweaters."

"Which one, Mr. Darling?"

"Any of them, I don't care, just hurry."

"Sure thing," She smiled and moved from Barnaby's warmth.

Daisy knew why he wanted it as it was cold regardless of who you were. Barnaby and Poppy were the only safe ones in these cool temperatures.

She went to his trailer to find a broken mirror on the floor, then remembered what she overheard, him yelling at someone on the phone. This could have been a result of his anger. That wasn't important right now. She grabbed his blue cardigan and left the room as if she'd never been there taking it over to the boys who were chatting.

"Mr. Darling, I have your cardigan." She held it up for him.

"Good, now put it on."

"Huh?"

"Put it on over your sweater and put the jacket on. It will keep you warm." He stated then took a sip of his coffee.

"...are you sure?"

"I told you to get it didn't I?"

Daisy paused and looked at the sweater then at Wally.

"Wally, we need you back on set!" The director called out.