The red flag had proved to be useful for the Ferrari, since all the starting grid positions had to be returned. Which meant Carlos would have a mother shot at his first place restart. Logan was sat at the edge of his seat, hands twitching profusely every time one of the Ferraris got overtaken.

"What the fuck are these idiots doing?" her father yells at the TV, the strategy team making yet another questionable decision by telling Carlos to clear the way for Charles.  "They'll ruin both their races if Hamiltons car picks itself back up."

"The strat team has always been shit, papa."

"I don't know why it surprises me any— oh not again!" the man grumbles at the second red flag of the day, forcing another restart where Carlos was now in second with his teammate blocking him from first place.

It was now lap 44, the restart was happening and Carlos was back in first position. Sofía and her dad both cheer, moving to the edge of the sofa as the final ten laps commenced. Her prayers had been answered mere minutes later as he crossed the line almost four seconds ahead of Perez.

The duo stands from their positions, cheering and hugging as Carlos' radio comes on echoing emotionally through the living room. Sofías happiness quickly died down though as she comes to the realisation that she couldn't celebrate with him like she would have wanted. The time for that had come and gone.

Instead, she had to watch as his girlfriend kissed him when he emerged from his car and celebrated with his team and his family. It made her slightly emotional watching him cry on that podium, the Spanish flag waving proudly in his hands and displayed above him as their anthem played through the track.

"I can't even imagine how he feels right now." Logan chuckles, full of pride as he watches the celebrations.

Sofía on the other hand couldn't sit there any longer, clearing her throat, she quickly gets up and starts collecting her stuff. "Well, this has been fun but I've gotta go. Thank you for lunch, papa."

"What?" her father stammers, frozen as she quickly hugs him and presses a kiss to his cheek. "You're leaving so soon?"

"Yeah. I, uh, I've got a studio session booked in an hour." she quickly excuses, knowing fully well what she was about to do when she exits his house.

She could see her father physically deflate at her sudden departure. "Oh, okay. Is the album coming along nicely then?"

"Yeah, it's almost done actually." Sofía smiles softly, giving him one more hug before making her way towards the front door. "I'll call you later, okay?"

"Be safe!"

As soon as Sofía was through the threshold, she takes a deep breath. Her fathers Upper East Side street providing her a good enough escape from the hustle and bustles of her own Manhattan apartment was located. She knew that whatever it is she was feeling right now, needed to be shaken off. As soon as possible.

So, she does the one thing she finds best. Force herself to move on.

Pulling out her phone, Sofía starts to make her way down the street and towards the subway as she dials Lucas number.

"Ciao bella!" Luca speaks cheerfully down the line, commotion evident in the background.

Sofía sighs, a smile unintentionally covering her face. "I really hope this isn't a bad time."

"I've always got time for you." Luca replies softly, shutting his trailer door behind for a little privacy. "What's going on?"

"I was wondering if you want to do something tonight?" her nails start to pick at the skin surrounding her nails, feeling slightly guilty at her actions.