Kiss Cam or Scram

Start from the beginning

Ducking under Mikey's arm and running back over to Kazutora, you grabbed his hand, urging him to come with you.

"Y/n! What are you doing?" Mikey cried back at you.

"Nothing, just go ahead and get our seats!" you called, still trying to get Kazutora to move.

"Right!" he said, walking away towards the basketball court entrance.

"Kazu, c'mon...we gotta get there! I don't wanna miss the start of the game!"

"But Mikey is being an ass..." Kazutora moped.

"You know what? If it makes you feel better, I'll sit between you two, ok?"

"...Fine. I guess that works."

"Awesome, now let's go!" you said, grabbing Kazutora's hand and dragging him to your seats.

***

When you finally got there, you were surprised to see that Mikey wasn't there. His stuff was there, sure, but he had gone somewhere without texting or calling either of you.

"Where do you think Mikey went?" You asked Kazutora, looking around to see if he was nearby.

"Why do you care? Does it look like I care?"

"...No. But he might miss the beginning of the game."

"He's probably doing something stupid -- like drugs -- in the bathroom. I wouldn't worry about it."

"Mikey doesn't--you might be right. I could see that for him. Hopefully, he'll be back soon," you said, sitting down in your seat and opening your snacks.

Several minutes later the loudspeakers of the basketball court called that the Kiss Cam would be beginning momentarily.

"Kazutora! Kazutora, look! It's the kiss cam!" you exclaimed, shaking his shoulder.

"Yeah? Sounds great..." Kazutora commented, clearly uninterested.

"Ach! I can't believe Mikey is missing this!"

"I'm sure he'll be so disappointed to find that he did."

"Exactly!"

"I was being sarcastic."

"Oh. Well, still."

*cut to Mikey's POV*

Mikey had somehow managed to weasel his way through security and had gotten a hold of the guy operating the camera for the kiss cam.

"S'cuse me, sir?"

"Yeah--how did you get over here young man?"

"Ah, don't worry about it. But I have a favor to ask."

"...right."

"So you see those two over there?" Mikey asked, pointing at you and Kazutora.

"Which two where?"

"Those two--one of them has like, frosted-tip hair, and the other one is jumping up and down?"

"Oh, yeah. Those two. What about them?"

"Can you make the camera go to them? Both of them are incredibly dense."

"Well...I'm not sure--"

"--I'll pay you."

"How much?"

"$20 down payment work? I'll pay $100 if they kiss. But I guess that's up to them..."

"...Fine... You're desperate. I guess I can get momentarily invested in some teenagers' relationship," the cameraman sighed, turning the camera to you and Kazutora.