Chapter 7: Doing the Make-over?

Start from the beginning

"This is lovely!" Nicky exclaimed, and gazed at Amy with sparkling eyes. "It just screams, love and kindness, just like you, Ma'am!"

"Awww, you are such a charmer, Nicky!" The pink hedgehog squealed, cupping her cheeks with her hands, and was wiggling around awkwardly. Whereas, Shadow looked around, and a questionable expression grazed his face.

"I expected some more blue." He let out completely dry. Amy stopped her wobbling and looked at the black hedgehog, while Nicky glared daggers at him. This stupid jerk, does he ever have something nice to say?

"Aww, that's naughty, Shadow! How can you say this in front of Nicky?" The girl closed her eyes, started to wiggle around again, and an even broader smile formed on her face. The blue blur on the other hand just pounded. Why could this jerk make her smile so much more than him?

"I keep my eyes open for Metal Sonic." Shadow just ignored the question and went to one of the windows, and opened it.

"Wait!" The pink hedgehog tried to stop him. "I have something for you!" She rushed over to the refrigerator, opened its door and grabbed a plate out of it. It was covered by a glass lid, but Nicky could perceive something brown, maybe a cake? "Here!" She presented him her creation and the black hedgehog accepted the gesture, yet he silently stared at it. "It's your favorite, remember?" Shadow kept staring at the desert like he was having an inward conversation, and it made Nicky furious.

"Can't you just be..."

"Thanks!" Amy and the blue Hedgehog stared bewildered at their ebony opposite. None of them seemed to have expected this. "I'm going to eat it later!" He added and jumped together with his dessert out of the window. Amy, who slowly regained her posture again, smiled.

"Tell me how you like it!" She called after him, cheerfully, and turned to Nicky afterward. "So, do you want something to eat?" That was the keyword! The blue hedgehog's stomach growled loudly, and he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. His opposite sparkled at him with such an impact, you could literally see twinkling stars around, the girl's head. This Sonic guy, really has strange friends. "Come on! Have a seat!" Amy prepared one of the chairs at the big table in the middle of the room, and gestured him to sit down. Without hesitation, Nicky followed her order and sat on the table, while the girl cheerfully moved around the Kitchen, she was so happy, she was literally humming.

Again, Nicky couldn't help but feel jealousy towards Shadow. It must have been his reaction, which made her smile like that. The blue hedgehog deeply sighed. He wished he could make her smile like that. Why couldn't he be any braver? "Bon appétit!" Nicky jerked heavily, Amy already finished preparing the meal, and put a plate on the table, next to the blue hedgehog. He just stared at the plate, wondering what kind of food this was.

"What is that?" Amy froze, her expression filled with shock and confusion. Nicky stared at her, wondering if he said something wrong? Was it stupid of him to ask?

"It's a chili dog, your favorite!" The girl suddenly lost all her sparkling joy and her tone was rather saddened, the blue hedgehog bit his lips, cursing him for even opening his mouth.

"I'm not sure if I ever ate one, but I give it a try." Nicky took the Chili Dog in his hand and examined it. He carefully took a bite, and his eyes widened, which made Amy smile again. The mixture with the chili sauce, the cheese, and the sausage was just perfect! Together with the bun, which made the spicy taste a bit bearable, it made his mouth water. Suddenly, the hunger overwhelmed him, and the blue hedgehog gulped down the meal with nearly one bite. Nicky coughed heavily and Amy immediately grabbed a glass of water, filled it up, at the kitchen sink, and handed it to the blue hedgehog. While he carefully drank the glass of water, Amy cautiously patted his back. The moment Nicky felt better, he started to grin joyfully at the girl. "Can I have another?"