"Thoma didn't put up much of a fight..." Paimon whispered into Traveller's ear.

  "Haha," Thoma laughed, "Well, my work on Ritou is done, so I suppose this is goodbye for now."

   Before sending himself off, Thoma made sure to hand Traveller the Invitation Letter.

  "Good luck with everything. See you soon," Thoma turned to leave, he wondered how quickly they'd realize their new obstacle, he quietly whispered, "I can finally return home..."

   Leaving the gate and showing his Traveller's Permit, the guard glanced over at Paimon and the Traveller.

 "Your friends aren't coming with you?" asked the guard.

 "Hm... they have some business to take care of here before anything else," Thoma smiled, "Have a good evening."

  The test began.

                                                                          ...

  Walking up those moss covered stairs had never been such a happy experience to Thoma before.

  The familiar rustling of the trees with the moonlight illuminating the way.

  Was Ayaka expecting him back today? Would she still be awake? Was Ayato awake? How was Abdiel and Sharar? What if he was now out of place because he had been gone for so long?

  Thoma could now see the top of the stairs.

  After hearing someone walk up, the guards had their weapons ready and raised.

  When they saw who it was, both immediately lowered their blades and grinned.

  "Lady Ayaka," one turned and said, "He's back."

   Hearing the clattering of geta shoes racing towards him, Thoma was met with a tight embrace. Both guards turned away.

  "You're late!" Ayaka cried, "You were supposed to be here in the evening!"

  "I-I'm sorry, M'lady! We ran into a few problems!" Thoma was quick to apologize.

   Tightening her arms around his torso, Thoma hugged her back.

   "Welcome home." Thoma heard Ayaka whisper to him.

   Smiling, Thoma nodded and said, "I'm back."

                                                                          ...

  "Who forgot their promise? I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me!" Thoma laughed from around the corner, hiding out of Traveller and Paimon's view.

  "W-w-w-w-what?! Is that dog talking to us?!" Paimon stammered.

  "Haha," Thoma grinned, "No need to be so surprised, I forgot, this would be the first time you've seen me in this form."

  "Where did the human-looking Thoma go?" Traveller questioned.

  "Huh? You really saw nothing like this in Liyue Harbour?" Thoma asked, this was fun.

  "N-now that he says it... this does seem less out of the ordinary..." Paimon muttered.

  "I know a dog when I see one..." Traveller scooted closer to Paimon.

  Finally deciding to end the joke, Thoma came out from around the corner.

  "Hahaha, alright, alright, I've had my fun."