Happiness

Courtenay's pov:

It was early morning when I went and got into Rita's bed with her, it's our daily thing, some people may think it's weird but it helps her have a lay in and feel good during the day but as I get into bed with her, she pulls out her tablet and passes it me, I play her favourite song and let her sleep in my arms.

•4 hours later•

I wake up to Emily and Niall talking in the room, I open one eye to see Rita waking up also "you woke me up man" Rita says, I chuckle and sit up.

Niall stands up and passes us our iced coffee's and we thank him for it "Another thing, I'm having a few friends over later, just pre warning you now. We will be located in the back garden. There's not a lot of us but it's just I need to catch up with some friends that's all" he says.

I take a sip of my coffee and then look over at Rita "well I-I-I'll be a d-d-d-dancer man" Rita says, I giggle and nudge her "well I'll have to join you because I can't let you make a tit outta yourself Rita" I tell her, she laughs and rubs her hands on her face.

I notice Emily trying to get my attention so I get out of bed to follow her to the kitchen.

Emily - I've got us four tickets to a concert, which I've got a feeling Rita will be over the moon about it.

Me - who's the artist?

Emily - Harry Styles, Niall is very good friends with him, you and Rita are vip pitch standing, me and Niall will be seated.

Me - why won't you be standing with us?

Emily - it's complicated for Niall, if he's seen standing vip then it'll all kick off and he doesn't want that but I will come down and join you for a famous song.

Me - ohhhhh okay then, how much do I owe you for the tickets?

Emily - nothing, free of charge, go crazy with outfits!

I chuckle and dig my phone out for some shops that sell funky stuff, I walk back into Rita's room "get ready Rita, we're all going shopping" I tell her, she slowly gets up "fuck sake mannn" she says.

Niall stifles his laughter, he walks out of her room and I help her get dressed and very lightly brush her hair "w-we should do t-t-tiktok man" Rita says whilst I'm brushing her hair "if you want too Rita". I put down the hairbrush and help her put her jacket on, she likes to do the zip, don't ask me why because I haven't got a clue.

She sits in the living room whilst I get ready very quickly, we slowly make our way to the car "who's driving?" Niall asks, we all kinda just stare at each other waiting for someone to speak up "iiiiii will" Rita jokes, I get into the drivers seat and Rita sits in the passenger seat "I don't fancy dying today rita, maybe another day" I say whilst laughing.

I help her get her seatbelt on and we decided to hit the road.

After a lot of laughter, Rita moaning that she was bored and wanted to go home, emily complaining her arms were sore and niall needing a wee. We decided to go home for a family dinner.

As me and Rita was singing and dancing in the car, Harry style's comes on and well Rita was clapping her hands and grooving in her seat, luckily we was in traffic because our favourite bit came on.

Cocaine, side boob
Choke her with a sea view
Toothache, bad move
Just act normal
Moka pot Monday, it's all good
Hey, you
Should we just keep driving?

We all laugh and I pull into the house, my phone dings and Niall & Emily has mentioned me in their Instagram stories.

Emily's caption: 'both crazy but wouldn't change them for the world❤️'

Niall's Caption: 'Rita is Courtenay's light, Courtenay's light is Rita's🥺 if we could only keep this forever❤️'

Rita goes into her room to play on her iPad, as long as she's happy and she's probably tired. Emily orders us all a takeaway and we all sit round the table to eat it.

Niall walks over to the front door and as I'm clearing up with Emily, we all hear Rita scream so I drop everything on the floor and run towards her "right sit down, what's wrong?" I ask in a state of panic. She throws her iPad on the floor and I can tell she's either having a moment or something has happened "my fucking t-toe man" she says in a lot of anger..

I stifle my laughter and pick up her iPad from off the floor, I tell her to sit on her bed and just giggle on the bed together as we try and dance to a tiktok dance, it wasn't going too well so I called Emily to help which she did which resulted in us laughing to the point no noise was coming out.

We posted it to tiktok straight away, it's to raise awareness of Down syndrome.

Rita limps to the kitchen to hunt down some chocolate so Emily followed her whilst I just cleaned up her room a bit as her comfort toys were scattered around the room.

I walk out of the room with a tiny bag of rubbish and head for the kitchen "Rita how do you get your room so messy" I ask her, she giggles and tries to hide the chocolate bar.