Chapter 10 - Revealing Halloween Dance

Start from the beginning

"Okay."

We were standing by the girls' dorms, so girls were passing us at the entrance, and some were pointing and saying "How cute," and things like that. I spotted Yuna, and I about waved, but then I noticed her with a guy...

"Whoa, look, Dae!"

He looked over, and we both saw Yuna talking to Min Ho. We couldn't hear, but we saw her say something, and Min Ho shook his head. Yuna made a disappointed expression. He said something and was off.

"I think you should go and talk to him," I said. "Make up once and for all. He's one of your best friends."

"I... don't know. He hates me now."

"He doesn't hate you, Dae. He cares, he's just Min Ho. Now go while I demand of Yuna what they were talking about."

"Okay, okay. I'll see you at the dance tonight."

"Yeah. I'll be coming in with my roommates. You may not recognize me."

"We'll see. As you said, you'll still be you, even as a fake Korean."

A brow rose. "Fake, huh? You just see. I'll look more Korean than you."

He laughed. "Okay. I'll see you."

He left me right as Yuna came up to us, and I noticed that her whole face was flushed. She said hi to Dae as he left, then she came up to me. I immediately demanded, "Okay, what was that all about with you and Min Ho? That's the first time I've seen you talking to him."

She pressed her lips together as she clung to her backpack straps rather tightly. She said in her British accent, "Well... there was a reason for me not to talk to him before. You know... girls are shy around the guys they fancy."

My mouth dropped open. "You've liked Min Ho all this time and you've never said anything to any of us?"

"How could I when he's been pining after you, even after you and Dae started dating? He's still hooked on you. He rejected me just now because of it."

"Wait, hold on. He rejected you, as in you asked him out?!" She nodded slowly, and I gasped and hook my arm with hers. "Holy cow, Yuna! You should've told me that you liked him. I would've said to go and ask my roommate Yuna on a date. You're a beautiful girl, inside and out, and Min Ho loves that. Plus, I have full confidence that you will make him forget he ever had feelings for me."

We started heading into the building. Yuna said, "Yeah... I'm just nervous. I've fancied him since last year."

"You what? Really? Yuna!"

"I know, I know, I should've told all of you earlier, but you know... he still fancies you."

We hiked up some stairs and came into the hallway that our dorm was down. "I think, at this dance tonight, corner him and smooch him. He also likes girls who are forward."

Her cheeks flushed again. "Golly, the thought of kissing him... You know what? How about we not talk about it anymore? All of us are going to help you turn into one of us, and it's going to take now until the dance starts."

She dragged me to the dorm, and my roommates got started on me. Three hours later, with my new black hair straightened and my brown contacts in, and my eyes pulled at the sides with some eye stickers that were covered up with black liner, I actually resembled a Korean.

"Wow, you're perfect!" Becca hollered.

"I don't have the face shape, though."

"We smoothed out your skin with foundation to make it look more Asian," said Yuna. "You could pass for a Korean."