Many of the pack members did not believe that I was even a true born Dark Moon Wolf. You see, I am, what you say... different. I have blue eyes which is such a rarity in itself, but I am also not the "true born" cream colored wolf. I do have the birthmark all pack members have, which is a crescent-shaped moon on their shoulder. My wolf, Willow, by the way, is extraordinary. She stands tall on all fours with silver grey fur. I swear when the moon hits it, it has a faint tint of blue. As I said, she does have a crescent-shaped moon on her shoulder, but hers is blue and not black. Everyone noticed how different i was right away when I was forced to turn in front of the entire pack.

In Dark Moon, it is a tradition that the high-ranking members of the pack, AKA my dad the BETA of all people, shift for the first time in front of the entire pack. It is to show the purity of the pack and it was supposed to show respect for the beta female and her children. However, when I shifted for the first time, with all eyes on me, i transformed into this elegant beauty. My silver-grey hair shone bright under the moonlight. Nobody noticed the color of my crescent yet because it was so dark it looked black. Everyone was looking between the Alpha, my mother and father, then me.

Nobody said a word for a very long time. Now that I think about it, I think my mother was the one to break the silence with her sobbing. She thought i was beautifully perfect. She said I was a wolf made by the Moon Goddess herself. Everyone else thought i was adopted and that my parents didn't want to tell anyone. They came up with so many conspiracies that I could barely keep up. However, they sure don't forget to tell me how awful and unwanted i am every chance they get. Growing up in this pack has its challenges. My mom and Grammy made it great thought. They would take me out and let my wolf run until her heart couldn't take it anymore. When I shifted for the first time, I was finally able to hear her thoughts in my head as if they were my own. They said that now that I am 12, my wolfs connection would continue to grow until i reach the age of 20 when we will be fully one. That is also when we get to search for our mates.

Willow tells me she can't wait to find our mate, that it will be the most life-changing experience any wolf could ever imagine. I say, I've had enough life-changing experiences for a lifetime, and I don't need anymore. Not to mention, to have love first you must find it. She tries to tell me that when we find it, it will be this epic love story people will write about. I told her she is full of crap.

"Aph, you know I'm right. Finding our mate is all we've ever dreamed of. We are almost of age, and I can't wait to finally taste every inch of his-"

"WILLOW oh my goddess stops filling my head with such dirty non-sense!" I can't believe this world sometimes. All she thinks about is when we finally meet our mate and have that mind-blowing, hot and ste- oh gosh here I go now. *Shakes head*

Anyhow, finding a mate is not the most important thing to me right now. I am focusing on my career, helping children/young adults in need. I work outside of the pack house, for obvious reasons, at a company called Reach High. It's a run-down building, not big enough for the demand it holds, but it does its job. My boss Ashley, is the owner of Reach High. She is all about making sure the kids/young adults have the needed tools to succeed in life. We are teaching them basic interviewing skill for the older kids. The younger ones we are trying to get adopted. You can say we have our hands full for sure! Just yesterday we got 4 new toddlers brought in. Their parents just dropped them off like they were nothing, and now we take guardianship of them until they can get adopted/fostered. We do thorough background checks, and we check on them as often as we can, then we hand it over to the agency to take care of the paper business. I can't wait to go check on them today. They are such sweet kids, and deserve all the love they can get.

Well, I'm finally at the pack house. I forget how far it is sometimes from my home to here. "It's not like we walk this every day or anything" Willow says.