Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Wait, what?" I asked as I slowly turned around and face my step sister, Abee. "Say that again." "I said we are meeting our partners this Friday! How many times am I repeating this phrase?" she whined.

When someone says that word "partner", I panic and scream around the room. In royal families, like us, meet partners and date them. We're not allowed to pick which boy we want to date. Our parents talk to the royal families and make a deal and let their daughter or son date. After dating, we have to eventually get married. And I don't like that. I hate it, but that's what royal people have to do.

"Wait, so we're meeting our partners this Friday? Wow, that's like 2 days away," I said, while hanging my clothes in the closest. "Anyway," Abee said "Remember to follow the rules on the list mo.... Jasmine gave you. Btw, you should thank me for telling you that earlier," and sashayed away.

Yeah, like I would say that, I thought. I sighed and looked that the photo of me and another woman sitting next to me, putting her hands around me. I miss my mom. When I was 2 years old, my mom died and my dad remarried with Abee's mom, Jasmine. I don't know why he remarried, I told him that I didn't want him to marry again. But he had no choice, there was no one to take care of me and no one feed me. So that's how I end up with the Hales.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. "How's everything going?" I turned around and saw a woman that I really wanted to get out of my life. "Do you think everything's going ok when my mom's dead, you in my life as a fake mom? I don't think so, so can you please just get out of my room, I have some works to do," just like with that attitude, I pushed passed her and went out.

I know you guys would be wondering why I'm being so mean to my step mom. Well that's because she deserves it. I just hate her so much that I don't even want to see her in my life. You see, I'm different from other people's family life. That's just how it goes, you can't change the past.