Y/N: "They need you Hop Pop. Be their light in these dark times."

Hop Pop let out a smile as he and Y/N continued walking back home. Back at the Farm, the kids were minding their own business, when Hop Pop and Y/N entered through the front door. The old frog looked happier than he was before.

Hop Pop: "Guess what, kids?"

Anne: "You passed the interview?"

Sprig: "You got the job?'

Hop Pop: "Nope! I'm running for Mayor!"

Anne, Sprig, and Polly: "Huh?"

Y/N: "Isn't this great? If he wins, Wartwood will be so much better."

Hop Pop: "If I win this election, I'll prove once and for all that Hopediah Plantar ain't no loser!"

Anne had a worried look on her face. "Oh no. If he loses, he'll be more down than ever."

Polly: "And we just got the couch cleaned."

Sprig: "But if he wins, maybe we'll get the old Hop Pop back!"

Polly: "True that."

Anne: "Fair point, you three. Hop Pop, we're all in!"

Hop Pop: "Really? Aww, kids. I won't  let you down. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom practicing my distinguished expression!"

Anne: "Ugh, politics are the worst."

Y/N: "That was some 180 turn."

Polly: "Yeah. The monster fights are pretty cool, though."

Anne: "The what now?"

Y/N: "This should be good."

The next morning, a crowd gathered away from Wartwood, cheering on Hop Pop, who was joined by the other Plantars. Mayor Toadstool glared at them.

Mayor Toadstool: "You've made a powerful enemy today, Hopediah. Toads have run uncontested for decades. This is a disgrace."

Hop Pop: "The only disgrace is you as Mayor."

Y/N: "Yeah! You tell 'em!"

Mrs. Croaker: "Oh, I like this Hopediah."

Frog 1: "I don't know, Toadstool is tried and true."

Albus walked onto the stage. "Ahem! Welcome to the official mayoral trials, where the candidates try to win your vote."

Anne: "I'm suddenly very interested in politics." She blew a horn.

Sprig took the horn away from Anne. "Okay, Anne. That's enough."

Albus pulled out a scroll. "Our first trial is all about  strength. The first candidate to mount the beetle wins!" He blew on a horn as a beetle emerged from the cave, making the crowd flee to a safer spot.

Albus: "Ready, set, go!"

Mayor Toadstool jumped onto the beetle. "Oh, my giblets! I've got you! No, I don't!"

Mayor Toadstool got thrown to the side. Hop Pop tried to do the same thing, only to get the same result. Hop Pop  got up and looked around until he spotted a log. He got an idea and threw a rock at the beetle.

Hop Pop: "Hey! Come and get it!" He said while aggravating the beetle.

The beetle let out a screech before charging at Hop Pop. Once it got close enough, Hop Pop jumped out of the way, making the beetle crash into the log. Hop Pop climbed onto the beetle and mounted it. He smiled as the crowd cheered but Mayor Toadstool glared at him.