17

FREEN'S POV

"Dad please hear me out. What you saw at the cabin was just a stupid mistake and it meant nothing.

Becky was just fooling around and she got under my skin and I'm very happy that you came just in time to stop me from making the biggest mistake of my life.

Daddy, please believe me when I tell you that there is nothing and I mean, absolutely nothing going on between Becky and I." I said to my dad.

But his reaction didn't change. It was very clear that he knows that I was telling the truth.

"FREEN, don't be dense. Of course I know that you didn't really like Becky in a romantic way.

But that act with Becky back at the cabin is the reason why we are in this mess right now.

Maybe it's not just that act alone. Maybe it's your behaviour towards her within that period at the cabin that caused everything we're going through right now."

"I don't understand. What do you mean by my behaviour towards her, caused everything?" I asked in curiosity

"Haven't you noticed anything different about Becky since you returned from that cabin?" He asked

"I have. She has become a pain in my ass and a disturbance to me. Always coming to visit and...."

"And always trying to capture your attention." He cuts in and continued.

"The promotion I got was because she was trying to get you to notice her. She did it all for you.

FREEN, is it clear to you now?" He asked again. Finally, I understood what he was saying.

"Oh my goodness, she has been trying to make me like her. She has been trying to become my friend.

That thought did come to me when she frequently visited. But I thought I was just reading too much meaning into things.

So Becky was doing all that to become my friend." I said.

"You're still naive Freen. Miss Lawd is not just trying to be your friend. Miss Lawd is in love with you.

She has been trying to impress you. To make you look her way but you're really a hard nut to crack.

Miss Lawd has been trying to be your girlfriend, your lover since the both of you returned home.

I think she has been secretly wishing for it even back in the cabin. But has been too afraid to say it out.

And while she was trying to build up a romantic relationship with you, THE DRAGON HEAD arranged for her to get married to the ruthless PAPI.

She had to run away because she of you and because she didn't want to marry PAPI.

Before she finally ran away, she always visited you. She wanted to see you and spend time with you but I guess you only saw the nuisance in her visitation.

THE DRAGON HEAD thinking that the both of you are friends, tried using you to draw out Becky.

She knew knew what THE DRAGON HEAD was doing but yet she went to meet you at the station because of her love for you.

If THE DRAGON HEAD knew how Becky truly felt about you, you'd be dead already. He said as I sat down there in shock.

When did this happen? Becky? In love with me? That's not possible,is it?

When did she start developing feelings for me and what is this I'm hearing about her arranged marriage?

So this was what she wanted to tell me when she visited but I always asked her to leave.

She must have been really heartbroken and decided to run away from home to avoid marrying PAPI.

PAPI is a very ruthless person. And how heartless can THE DRAGON HEAD be, to give Becky to PAPI as a lamb to be slaughtered.

I'm a fool to not have noticed it earlier. I didn't see her pain.

She trusted me to care but I failed her.

Why was I so slow to read inbetween the lines. She risked her life for me but my pride was stopping me from seeing the Becky behind that rude and selfish mask.

What will I do now? If only I can see Becky again, I'll make things right by her.

I pray to see her again. Even for Just one last time, to tell her that I care.

To be continued...