19

BECKY'S POV

The LAWD has been trying to use CORNELL SHIPPING LINE to trade internationally but they have always declined all of his offers.

If I can get them to do business with him, it will increase his profit as well as the power of THE DRAGON SYNDICATE.

But CORNELL PLC is not easy to get to. My father couldn't do it in over six years. What will I do to get them to comply with my demands.

I have to think quick and think smart if I want Freen back home and keep her safe.

"I'll get you the Cornell company contract but I have conditions." I said to him trying to make a deal.

"Really? Cornell PLC? You can ask for anything you want if you get Cornell PLC to work with THE DRAGON."

He said this in confidence that I'll never be able to do what he couldn't do in six years.

But it was just about finding the right strategy. The LAWD tried sharing the profit from the sale with them.

He even took a lower percentage but they refused. He also offered protection and other compromises but they still refused to do business with THE DRAGON.

So the only strategy left, is to threaten them. Look for illegal dealings they had with people,  and threaten to expose them. That way, they'll be forced to do business with THE DRAGON SYNDICATE.

*****************************

I have been building up my network the since I was twelve years old. So I had people in both the big, rich and powerful places and also the low and said-to-be insignificant places.

It's easy to get people to do you biddings when you're THE HEIR TO THE DRAGON.

Just promise to reward them bountifully when you finally ascend the throne, and they'll do as you've asked.

*****************************

Through my network, I got the dirt on CORNELL PLC and drafted out my approach.

Within a week, CORNELL PLC called my father, THE DRAGON'S HEAD and accepted  to do business with THE DRAGON SYNDICATE.

THE DRAGON'S HEAD was really surprised. He wondered how I did in a week, what her couldn't do in years.

But he underestimated me. It's surprising what you can do when everyone thinks less of you.

*********************************

I returned home even without calling him first and the moment he saw me, I hugged me.

Now he's proud of me. Now he sees my worth. But he was the one who called me useless and good-for-nothing.

"Can we discuss my conditions now?" I asked as soon as the guards and servants left us alone

"Yes of course. I'm a man of my word. Ask me anything you want."  He said while holding my hands being very proud of his daughter's achievements.

"I want things to go back to the way they were before now.

I want Freen and her father to return to the country and back to work as usual.