𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

Start from the beginning

Before anyone had a chance to respond, a small hologram popped up on the Supreme Chancellor's desk. Aurora just stared at the image as the man began speaking to Palpatine in Huttese, a language the Jinn woman still hadn't picked up on. Their conversation continued for another moment as the Jedi watched, wanting nothing more than to continue their previous conversation. It wasn't long after that when Palpatine responded, sending confusion throughout Aurora's body. "Send them in. We will discuss this matter later."

Not even a second after that passed when the doors behind them opened. Aurora quickly glanced back to find the one person she had been wanting to see. Padmé was walking into the Supreme Chancellor's office with Jar Jar and the rest of her supporters following behind her. After hearing about what happened to her when she arrived on Coruscant, Aurora was happier than ever to see her old friend.

"Rora!" Jar Jar shouted as he rushed toward her before pulling her in for a bone-crushing hug, "It's been a longo timen! Mesa missed yousa!"

"I missed you too, Jar Jar," Aurora responded with a small laugh after the Gungan set her back down on her feet.

It wasn't long after that when Aurora and Padmé's eyes met, causing a smile to appear on the Senator's lips while the Padawan's grin did nothing but grow. The two women met in the center of the room and greeted each other with a long overdue embrace. Unknown to both of them, Palpatine was watching the two of them with an unreadable look in his eyes. Their reunion lasted for a moment longer before they both ended the hug at the same time. The two of them just stared at each other for a long moment before Aurora opened her mouth to speak. "I heard about what happened on the landing platform. You don't understand how happy I am to see you alive."

"Thank you, Ro," Padmé responded before her attention fell on the people standing behind her best friend, "do you have any idea who was behind this attack?"

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo," Mace told the Senator while Aurora took a step back to stand beside Yoda.

Padmé kept her eyes glued to the Jedi Master as he approached her before he stopped a few feet away from her. The Amidala girl just stared at him in silence until she found the right words to respond. "I think that Count Dooku was behind it."

"He is a political idealist, not a murderer," Ki-Adi-Mundi retaliated, causing a wave of irritation to wash over Aurora, only for her to force it away.

"You know, milady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi," the Windu man declared, drawing the Naboo Senator's attention back to him before he continued speaking, "he couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character."

"But for certain, Senator, in grave danger you are," the Jedi Grandmaster added while the Jinn woman let out a relieved sigh, grateful that someone other than her was concerned about Padmé's safety.

"Master Jedi," Palpatine called out, pulling everyone's attention to him as the Supreme Chancellor stared out the window overlooking Coruscant, "may I suggest the Senator be placed under the protection of your graces."

"Do you really think that's a wise decision under these stressful times?" Senator Organa questioned as he took a few steps forward to stand beside Padmé.

"Chancellor, if I may comment, I do not believe-"

"The situation is that serious? No, but I do, Senator," Palpatine interrupted the Amidala girl as he turned away from the window to meet everyone's gazes. He let the silence surround them for a moment before he continued speaking. "I realize all too well that additional security might be disruptive for you, but perhaps someone you're familiar with. Like Aurora. I'm sure it will assist her in furthering her training and she knows you better than anyone. Or an old friend, like Master Kenobi. That's possible."