Ch 1: Getting Ready

Paris France. The year 1637. Clarity was giddy to get off the ship and check out the gorgeous chateau the waverider was parked outside of. It was like a castle! Albeit a bit more quaint in size. Still, she was so excited, but since her powers were tied to her emotions, her fingers were a little sparky and they kept glitching through the corset strings she was trying to lace up. It was a bit frustrating, and she was having great difficulty with the task, but Clarity was determined not to let the strings win despite the fact that she was clearly losing the battle.

She stumbled about her room, head angled back to try to see the damned things her fingers couldn't get a grip on. She paused in front of her mirror nearly crashing into her desk in her efforts to grip the string. "C'mon..." Clarity murmured, tongue sticking out in concentration. Why she hadn't just glitched into the thing all laced up was beyond her, but she hadn't exactly been thinking at the time- the initial excitement of being invited to attend a royal wedding with Rip overriding something as simple as sense.

Now it seemed too late to do it any other way.

A sudden knock at her door cut through the sound of static that emanated from the glitch.

"Clarity, Are you about ready to- ah." Rip stopped short, a bit of a smile pulling at his lips. He was already in his era appropriate attire. "Having a spot of trouble are we? Gideon, why didn't you say anything?"

Rip cast his eyes towards the ceiling as he strode into the room fully the doors sliding shut behind him. His hands shoved into his coat pockets.

"My creator insisted she didn't need assistance." Gideon's voice chimed in reply. "I offered to call Miss Lance. Shall I now?"

"No need to bother Sara, Gideon. I have a perfectly adequate set of hands thank you." Rip denied. "May I?" He asked Clarity. "Or shall I watch you spin around for a few more minutes?"

"I can get them." Clarity insisted, her heel clicking on the floor in addition to her protest. A laugh leaving her as she smiled his way.

"Mhm. Right." He sucked his bottom lip and angled his head. "Are you certain?" His eyes narrowed, smiling wryly. "Seems like you're closer to setting the dress ablaze. That would be a shame..." his smile grew a tad. "....or a rather wonderful sight, I'm sure."

Clarity couldn't help but laugh at that.

"It would, wouldn't it?" She tried a final time before her hands moved clasp together at the front of her dress."Okay...okay...lace me up. I don't want to make us late to the reception, no matter how fashionable I am."

"And here I was worried," Rip crossed the room, his voice lowering an octave. His eyes traced the exposed skin of her neck that was left unguarded by her teased updo. "that you were declining my invitation."

He was a mere breath away. Clarity's own hitched lightly as she felt his fingers move deftly against her back as took hold of the strings and slipped them through their designated loops.

Clarity turned her head, looking back at him over her shoulder, her hands still resting at her dress front. A deepened glow alight in her eyes. "And miss a chance to wear this dress? As if."

"Hm." The tips of Rips fingers fanned out across the upper edge of the dress after he finished, his hands moving to rest on her shoulders. "And done." He turned her towards the mirror. "You look exquisite."

"Thanks...oh. Wait..." Clarity moved to her desk, glitching from his hold. "... my eyes."

She snatched up her color changing contacts.

"Ah, Perhaps an exception could be made." Rip spoke up just as Clarity had one clear sphere balanced on her finger.

"An exception?" Clarity paused, eyebrow raised. "Are you feeling alright? You don't usually condone breaking the rules. There aren't exactly meta's in 1637."

"Yes, well, that may be true, but everyone'll be intoxicated by nights end...the likelihood of them noticing your eyes...is minimal, and it's not like you'll be using your powers anyways. You will be able to get those sparks down to a minimum, yes?"

"Yes, yes," she put the contact back and grabbed her purse, she slipped her arm through the space between his arm and waist, hugging onto the appendage with a happy smile. "Remind me how you got put on the guest list for this wedding again?"

"The captain of the guard is an old friend."

"And here I thought Jonah was your only one."

"Funny, Clarity. But I do happen to have a few. Some I merely hold closer than others."

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Alright guys! It's short but it's a start! Glitch is officially back in business! Updates every two weeks sound good? I think so! Next update will be on May 13th! Anything you'd like to ask, rant and or tell me please do so in the comments!