How could this girl be so careless, disregarding my concerns and the boundaries I had set for her?

The weight of my own naivety settled heavily upon me, as I realized how foolish I had been to think that our fake marriage would have any impact on her.

The pulsating beats of the club reverberated through my body as I navigated through the sea of bodies. Each step felt like an eternity, the music and chatter fading into the background as my focus narrowed solely on the two.

I felt a surge of rage coursing through my veins as I clenched my fists, my knuckles turning white. Something inside me snapped, and without thinking, I lunged forward, grabbing the guy by his collar and yanking him up from his seat. His eyes widened in surprise, his face contorted with fear.

My gaze darted between him and Alexa, who stared at me with a mix of surprise and fear.

"Jungkook?" She whispered my name in shock.

My jaw clenched, and I struggled to control the anger that threatened to consume me. "What are you doing here?" I growled, my words dripping with venom. "And who is this guy?" My grip on his collar tightened, my fingers digging into the fabric of his white shirt.

The guy squirmed and wriggled, his body contorting in a desperate attempt to free himself from my unyielding grasp. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, glistening under the dim lights, as his eyes pleaded for mercy.

"I thought you said that your boyfriend is in the military?" The guy stammered, his voice quivering with uncertainty.

The crowd gathered around us, their curious eyes fixated on our unfolding drama, as if we were a spectacle meant to entertain them. The scent of sweat and perfume hung in the air, mingling with the smoky haze that wafted from the nearby bar. Their whispers mingled with the pulsating rhythm of the music, creating a cacophony of noise that threatened to drown out our heated exchange.

"He isn't my boyfriend!" Alexa exclaimed, abruptly rising from her seat. Her fiery black hair cascaded down her shoulders, framing her face with loose waves that danced with every movement. But her confidence faltered again as her eyes met mine, and she took a step back. Her hands nervously fidgeting with the hem of her vibrant floral dress, a reflection of her vibrant personality.

My eyes land on her dress for the first time tonight and I couldn't explain the sudden weird feeling in my chest upon realizing how she didn't care about her outfit this morning to sign the papers, but she took her time to look good before coming to this club.

"Then who is this?" The guy shouted. He grabbed my wrist, attempting to forcefully remove it from his presence.

"Alexa?" I heard a shrill female voice from the crowd.

A young, slender woman pushed her way through the gathering and approached us. Her eyes widened as she stood before me, taking in the scene unfolding before her. Her gaze shifted between me and Alexa, her finger pointing directly at me. Her body leaned slightly forward and her lips curled into a mischievous grin, as if she found the whole situation amusing. "Who is this hot guy?" she asked, as if I wasn't even here standing next to her.

Alexa visibly felt uncomfortable in this situation, evident in the way her shoulders tensed and her gaze darted nervously around the room. I knew how much she avoided being in the spotlight, and now all eyes were on her. A pang of guilt shot through me, knowing that I was the one responsible for thrusting her into this uncomfortable situation. Without a moment's hesitation, I released my grip on the guy, allowing him to slip away from us.