𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆, homecoming

Start from the beginning

Juice hears his name being mentioned from across the room and his ears prick up, "Yeah, we did!"

Luke punches the air triumphantly, "Yeah, man!"

Cami smacks his arm back down to his side before she huffs, "I can't take you anywhere. You're high at a baby's homecoming party."

"Abel won't know," Luke mumbles.

"That's not the point," She argues back, and when she notices his lips part to reply, she holds her finger up to silence him immediately, knowing that his words will only dampen her mood further.

The creak of the door silences the entire house as the occupants sit up straight in their chairs to watch as the family enter the home with the baby. Donna and Opie slip away to stand by their children, Cami and Luke raise from the seat to clap as they enter. Scarlett just simply pushes a soft smile onto her face and taps her palms against her thigh in a lazy form of a clap.

As Jax strolls in with the brightest grin on his lips and his son cradled on his arms, his mother and ex-wife are bombarded with hugs at the door from Luann and other ladies. Scarlett watches from afar as everyone greets the blonde biker, making sure to steal a glance down at the tiny boy. Abel's wide eyes wander all over the room, occasionally lifting to his father's familiar face.

Everyone moves closer, enclosing him in a circle in the centre of the living room, which cuts Scarlett's view of him off completely.

"He ready for his first brewski?" Clay jokes, holding out a bottle beer to the baby boy as the room erupts into laughter, "It's you and grandpa, huh?"

Jax chuckles and rolls his eyes before looking back down at his gorgeous son, thankful that he's finally home with the family. The thought of family causes his head to raise once more and look around the large room full of people. His eyes search desperately for a certain individual. He spots her up on the counter and he slowly turns away for a moment, holding his son out to Wendy.

"You mind taking him for a moment?" He asks.

"No. Of course not," She smiles.

He rubs her arm before gently pushing through the crowd and towards the kitchen. Scarlett notices as the centre of all the attention moves towards her, causing the group to disperse around the house once more. He comes to a stop between her open legs, his hands falling to rest on her thighs and she slyly moves her lower legs to wrap them around his waist.

"You okay?" His brows furrow in concern, "Was looking forward to you greeting me at the door, darlin'."

"Sorry, I was trying to give you some space. Obviously no one else bothered," She jokes lightly.

He nods slowly, still not believing that's the only reason she's away from the party, "What else is wrong? Something happened?"

She lets her eyelids flutter closed before she dips her head slightly, "I'm fine."

He takes her face between both of his hands, raising her head so their gazes to meet once more, "You sure?"

She sighs, smiling at him, "Yes," Her eyes float over his shoulder, her eyes meeting Wendy as she glares over at the pair whilst Gemma cradles Abel, "You should get back to your family."