Amelia looked further away to see big buildings with bright lights, she cuddled herself as the wind was getting cooler and the sun was setting. She started to carry her legs walking, she rolled the  sleeves of her purple blazer while walking.

There was nothing to explore as she walked down the road because it seemed like a really lonely road and a car had not passed by. She hoped to get to the streets with buildings quick, she unfolded her sleeves again because she could no longer bear the cold air anymore.

A car finally passed by her and slowed down, "Hey beautiful". She heard a man's voice call out for her attention, she paused and slowly looked at the man in the vehicle, she had a thought immediately, 'I wouldn't be caught dead riding in that junk, I'm a business woman, a freaking CEO'.

Amelia's expression couldn't even change from the blank stare she was giving him but was she still really beautiful in this state and she tried so hard in the morning to dress normal as she doesn't wear plain clothes.

The man she was staring at was wearing a cowboy hat and dark sunglasses, he flashed her a smile with his so not white teeth.

"Where are you going?". He asked but she stared at him dead silent, If he was going to ask her to hop in, she definitely wouldn't. There's no way she'd hop in that. Not a chance.

The man looked ahead and asked "Do you need a ride?"

Amelia folded her arms on her chest and replied with her normal American tone  which had a slight British accent, her normal accent and voice was back to normal after going through a lot today.

"No", she responded with coldness evident in her voice which was able to make a cheerful conversation drop to a conversation with nothing but tension. The man gave Amelia a nervous smile and faced the road to say, "I must say you are really rude, I hope you get to your destination".

He drove off leaving her alone walking on the road again.

An hour later, she finally got to a populated part of the city, she surveyed around and New York was beautiful, more than the last time she could remember it, if she still had the memory of what it looks like.

She started to feel drops of water pouring down, she saw this coming but prayed against it, her prayer didn't work. It was going to rain in a few minutes.

Who was she kidding, it's no longer drizzling, rain immediately poured down after lightening had strike. Amelia covered her head and ran into a bus stop to take shelter, great! Just great, she loved the rain and it was doing this to her right now and today, which other day for her can be as worse as this day.

Amelia stared at the people passing by, they all have umbrellas and she doesn't. Wow. What a great day for her to feel pity for her own self. People passed by her, No one stopped to say but all she got were the stares of men who passed her.

Amelia is beautiful with dark brown curly hair, perfect skin, a face of beauty which had sparkly brown eyes which shone like diamonds and pink kissable lips. A woman with curves, who normally screams elegance when she dresses but not today!

Today, she had been stressed and forced to come to New York which she agreed to, one of the worst decisions of her life.

She was dressed in a typical purple business suit not allowing her curves obvious, mostly because of the blazer, she tapped the heels trying to remember phone numbers but she doesn't know any. If she could remember one particular song, she'd make her way to the nearest phone booth and make a quick call even though she knew her mum must have started a search party and declare her as a missing person to the police.

She sat there blocking every little sound from penetrating into her  mind  and interrupting her thoughts until a young man in a gray hoodie came running to the bus stop to take shelter from the heavy rain.