32

BECKY'S POV

"Doctor how is this possible? She just erased me from her life?" I asked

How could she just forget about US. She totally erased our relationship from her mind. Did she hate me that much?

I mean, is it even possible to erase a part of your life just because you hate it?

How will I convinced her that we love each other? She'll never believe me. If I also lost my memory of these past seven months, I'll never believe that I grew to love Freen.

I know how much we hated each other. We were archenemies and just when we're finally happy together, she forgets all about the good times and only remembers just the bad times?

"Doctor please answer me. How can she forget about me?

I know people get amnesia but the only part of her life that she doesn't remember is the part that concerns me. How is that possible?

How can she even intentionally just decided to erase someone from her life. That's not possible, is it?" I asked trying so much to control my tears.

Freen scoffs and said: "I didn't forget about you Miss Lawd. If I did, I won't feel this anger and hatred for you being in my hospital ward"

I cant bear this. those hateful words coming out of Freen's mouth were killing me and that look of hatred in her eyes too.

seven months ago, it would have meant nothing to me. But right now, I'd prefer the walls of the hospital fall on me than hear Freen say those words to me.

I didn't say anything to reply Freen. Whatever I say will just make her more disgusted by me or probably even ask me to leave, which I know she's wishing for.

I turned to the doctor waiting for his answer to my question.

"She didn't do it intentionally." The doctor replied

"Miss Lawd? the human brain works differently from the heart.

When she came face to face with death, her brain replayed everything that led to the gunshot and her brain just shut it all out.

She didn't do it herself. It was the fear, the trauma. She was scared that she'll die and so her brain decided to shut down every single thing that led to the gunshot.

Normally, it would be just that day of the incident but her brain calculated far. Instead of forgetting the incident, she forgets the person that caused the incident. And that's you.

Although she already know you before 6th July, I'm guessing July 6th was the day she came in contact with the real YOU And so she shut everything down from that day.

But believe me Miss Lawd, Miss Sarocha didn't do it intentionally. Our brains sometimes thinks for us. It makes us take actions before our heart reacts and other times, it's the other way round." The doctor explained

"Is there a cure? Could she regain her memories?" Mr Sarocha asked

"Yes. There's a 40% chance of recovery. It is possible that something or someone could jolt back her memories but medically, there's no treatment for it.

You could tell her everything that happened within these seven months. But it would mostly just seem like a story to her.

But with strong will power, there's a possibility of recovery. Although it's more likely that she won't remember these past few months."

Hearing these words from the doctor made me sad and happy at the same time.

It's my fault that she got shot and I couldn't do anything to prevent it. If she doesn't remember US, I could keep my distance and protect her.

I'm not yet strong enough to go against my father. I know that Freen is still alive because he didn't want her dead.

He could have commanded for Freen to be shot in the chest or head but he aimed at a less critical part of her body.

The only way to protect Freen is to keep my distance. I know that she'll come to know all about our relationship but like the doctor said, it would just be a story to her.

If I stay away from her, I'll be protecting her so I guess the memory loss came as a blessing in disguise.

I know that it will be hard but I'll stay away from Freen, since that's the only way to protect her from my father and any other person that would want to hurt her to get to me.

I was really sad. It's the hardest thing that I have had to do in my life but it had to be done. "I'm glad that you're alright now. I have become a better person these past months, all thanks to you.

I'll miss you but I think this is for the best. Thanks you FREEN SAROCHA for being an incredible friend to me, these past months and I'm really sorry for the pain it caused you" after saying this, I turned around and left.

And although she didn't say anything, for a split second her stare changed from that of hatred to that of pity which is how it all started back in the cabin.

To be continued....