Storm Buddies

Rain pours down, but it's not the gloomy type. The sky's a bit grey, dotted with clouds here and there. The rain's not heavy, but it's enough to make everything damp and chilly, with lightning flashing now and then.

The sky's just waking up. Stars are still visible, twinkling above your head, slowly fading as the sun's light grows. The colours of the night are still around. The sky of dark blue to red and orange hues.

The hard forest ground turns to squishy mud under your feet. The smell of wet earth fills the air as you run to find shelter, an old tent made of sticks and cloth.

You duck under the tent, feeling your wet clothes stick to your cold skin. You shiver, your teeth chatter. You smell awful. You run your hands through your hair, wondering how to get home. You look at your hand and see your fingertips turning blue. You blow hot breath on your cold hands, a puff of fog appears, then goes back to the cold.

"I'm alone and cold," you say quietly.

A twig snaps, and you look up.

Something moves. You pull open the tent’s door.

A figure in red stands there, its eyes looking hateful and judgmental. Then, you find yourself outside the tent, looking down at a young man sitting in the mud, scrambling. The rain continues to fall, washing the dirt from his face, but his hood shadows his face, as dark as space.

You look and forget about the rain, the cold breeze, and the sounds.

It's cold and quiet.

His head is bowed, out of your sight. He scrambles, patting his bag in a panic, shaking it, and wiping off the dirt.

You look down, not confused, but curious.

You see his mouth moving, saying words you can't hear but somehow understand. Each silent word hits you like a bang. He looks up, his eyes like two stars in the void of space. He looks into your eyes, angry yet respectful, yelling continuously. Yet, you just stare because it's addicting to feel warmth, to have some company even if it's unwanted.

------------
Hey there! Thanks for at least taking a peek.

I often change it and it was supposed to be longer on the first ch but I got lazy to finish the entire first ch where they meet so I shorten and change it.

I can't give my 100% on this story because of many reasons like doing projects, researching, reading and summarizing different chapters of stories and reporting stuff. There's even a play, (But I'm only helping around, I'm not memorising a line, Just helping around) I'm busy but I'll keep on written this story.

Have a good day. :)