𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟎 - 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑹𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆

Wei Wuxian quickly slipped into his black leather shoes before grabbing his phone and wallet from the little entry table, the two things he pretty much needed for the day. All the other essentials would be taken care of by his manager or by the model agency he usually spends his time in.  As it seems, the life of a soon-to-be-celebrity is truly no joke.

He stepped out of his quite luxurious apartment, sufficiently spacious for two people to live in comfortable conditions, and let go of the handle once the beeping sound confirmed that the door was now locked. Not that he'd be in danger if it happened to be left open- after all, this building of Beijing was inhabited by some very wealthy, or famous people. Despite there also being quite a good number of ordinary working families, one could expect to occasionally see bodyguards or security staff squatting on the ground floor. In other words, Wei Wuxian was living in a quite protected area.

He had officially moved into his new home three months ago, and to be fair, he could not complain in the slightest. It did take a while to get accustomed to the feeling of living on the thirtieth floor, but the large windows revealing the indescribable view from the city easily made up for it, especially at night! It did not compare with the view of his room back in Madam Jiang's restaurant and much less with his home in Yunmeng. Not that this last option was relevant in the first place.

Well, it was silly to compare Beijing of the 21st century with his hometown city Yunmeng, in which the glowing river was filled with lotus and the lively streets occupied by numerous passersby and vendors. His mind would sometimes think back about those metaphorically and quite literally distant places and the people associated with them. Nevertheless, the memories and awareness of that past gradually turned into an unrealistic phase of his life - as if he had always lived in this world instead. He could have easily labeled those twenty years as a strange fever dream IF only he could remember a past here, to begin with. 

The young man headed towards the elevator while rolling up the sleeves of his dark blue shirt, and pressed the grey bottom button to go down. The metal doors soon opened, and he stepped inside before pressing the button indicating the number zero. The only inconvenient aspect of his new home is the elevator trip that would cost him a good few minutes to reach the floor of his apartment or the ground floor- but hey, much better than walking up all those stairs.

And besides- he will never stop being enthusiastic about using it. 

"Mr. Wei! Wait!"

The familiar voice of his neighbor suddenly called out, and Wei Wuxian quickly stretched out his arm between the automatic doors, preventing them from closing.

"Madam Lu? Is something the matter?" He asked with a quirked-up brow as he gazed at the out-of-breath woman. In response, she waved her hand as in signaling him to give her a brief moment. He couldn't help but playfully smile at her though.

Madam Li was his neighbor from a few doors away, and she was a quite wealthy woman. Not solely due to the fact that she always carried extremely expensive jewelry and clothing, but also because the apartment she was currently staying at was not even her first residence. She and her husband actually own a big house god knows where - but that wasn't surprising because Mr. Li was an executive director in a well-off company of electrodomestics.

"My granddaughter told me to give you this once I see you. She hopes that you'll be able to attend-"

She said while handing him a beige fancy-looking ticket, in which all the necessary information was written down. It was an invitation to her granddaughter's violin concert, and apparently, not everyone had the 'opportunity' of receiving a personal request from this woman.