4. Spider Man

Song: 'In the Night' by The Weeknd
(one of my favs)

Enjoy the chapter!

Angelina's POV:

Have you ever tried to find a way back into your family's mansion when the gates are locked and there's a wall 5 metres tall? I'd advise against it.

Not only did I have to find a way over the wall, but I had to find a way inside without getting caught. Fuck. My. Life.

The walk home was roughly an hour, and as I check the time on my phone, I read 8:59AM. I walk around the large wall, and look around, making sure there's no guards, as I keep searching for a way over. I was about to give up, when I spotted a tree just beside the wall, with half of the branches falling on the inside and the other half falling on the outside. I walk up to it, and see that the trunk just reaches the top of the gate, as the branches fall over to the other side.

All I had to do was climb the tree and make sure not to trigger any alarms. I squint at the tree, trying to see if there are any footholds, as I find one and put my left foot against it, using it to boost myself up to where I could grab onto one of the lowest branches with my arms.

After making sure I have a firm grip and that the tree branch isn't going to snap and smack me in the face, I hook my left leg over, as I swing my body and push myself up until I'm sitting in the tree, just above the wall. I could actually be a spy.

I stand up, and go to hang off the branch on the other side, when something touches my hand. I bring it closer to my face, as I look straight at a giant spider. I cry out, and fall backwards, onto the floor on the wrong side of the wall. Maybe not. "Hey! Who's there!" One of the guards yells, as I scramble to get back onto my feet.

I find the foothold again, and quickly climb up and hide myself a using the thick leaves, as two guards run underneath, flashlights in hand. I wait until the light is on the other far side of the house, before I go to move to the branch on the other side, just as the sprinklers turn on.

"Just my luck." I groan, as I use a branch to swing down and quickly land on my feet on the other side of the wall. Now I need to figure out a way to find somewhere where I can sneak in, and not get totally drenched. I don't think the drenched part can be helped, but surely there's an open window somewhere.

I risk getting seen, and run up the grass covered fields surrounding the house, getting covered with water. I reach the wall, and push my left hand on it as I look around. Theres no open windows on the left side of the house.

I walk around to the other side and keep looking. Holy shit, they have a pool! Behind the back of the house, they had a clear blue pool surrounded by marble and trees. It was beautiful. The sunlight was shining off of the water and reflecting into the building, and I was tempted to jump in right then and there, but I had to keep looking.

 The sunlight was shining off of the water and reflecting into the building, and I was tempted to jump in right then and there, but I had to keep looking