39

BECKY'S POV

This is what I've been so afraid of. Rumours are sprouting about Freen and I becoming a couple again. What if my father hears about this? Freen will most definitely be in trouble.

I know that these stories are just rumours but my father might go literal with these rumours. I still don't know who is spying on me, so I need to be careful.

I've explained to everyone that Freen and I are just friends. And although some students believed this, other just don't believe it, claiming that it impossible for exes to remain good friends.

"There must be old flames igniting" they say.

Although these statements weren't said in front of me for obvious reasons, Still, I decided to keep my distance from Freen in order to protect her. But the more I moved away, the closer she came.

Now, she's the one wanting to always be around me but for her safety, I wanted her as far away from me as possible.

I didn't want to make her hate me but I wanted her to keep her distance.

I stopped our tutoring sessions and hardly attends classes but this didn't stop Freen from coming over to the house to see me.

"What are you doing here?" I yelled in frustration when she stopped by the house again after my multiple warnings for her to stay away.

I've been working my ass off all week to make Wellington Gold a safer place for Freen but she's just throwing herself in front of danger.

It's like she doesn't know the gravity of the situation. My father intentionally didn't kill Freen the first time, but he gestured it as my last warning.

He doesn't show mercy to those who go against him but he has shown Freen mercy twice by sparing her life but I know his grace has elapsed at this point.

"Just as you have people everywhere, I also have people watching you. Don't make me hurt her, Becky. I know how much you care for her.

I want you to have your sanity intact. so you better not make me hurt her because next time, there will be no next time" these are his exact words to me the day Freen got shot.

He intentionally didn't kill her that day but he might just finish her off this time.

"Is it now a crime to stop by your house and check up on you?" Freen responsed disappointedly to my question earlier.

"I've tried my best to avoid you in everyway possible but you just keep coming closer and closer.

I'm trying to protect you Freen. Can't you see that? Please don't make this harder for me than it already is.

STAY AWAY FROM ME FREEN. I DON'T WANT YOU AROUND ME!!!" I screamed at the top of my voice.

"You don't mean that" she responded really saddened by my outburst

But at this point, I was already too frustrated. I really want Freen around and even though she doesn't remember us, we've grown closer and established a really special bond. But fate has other plans for us.

I just wanted it all to end because it's hurting a lot.

"Get the fuck out Freen" I said almost in a whisper as I exhaled deeply in frustration but she just stood there.