1

Though the mission hasn't been successful it wasn't exactly a failure either. Konig had taken it harder than expected, retreating to his quarters as soon as we landed at the base. I had noticed the agitated grunts and groans from him while in the transport helicopter, but thought nothing of it. He was the only officer I had known to be so quiet and 'to himself' as people described him. He stood an easy six foot ten- and his towering and monstrous build frightening anyone who got near him. While on the more reserved and introverted side; he hardly spoke to anyone without a good reason. I had become somewhat of a pal to him, and I knew that even with our somewhat of a friendship he still wouldn't talk to me about anything deeper than the mission.

I knocked on his door.

"Eh?" I heard him say, his muffled voice hardly audible.

"Konig, are you okay?" I asked. I almost immediately regretted asking. I knew why he was frustrated. The captain had forced him to retreat mid-mission, causing a neat casualty to our retreat vehicle, and I knew it was hard for him to let that go.

No answer to my question.

"Look I'm as frustrated as you are, just let me in." I said. There was a small moment of silence, before his door creaked open. He stood looking down at me, his icy blue eyes were narrowed. He gestured his head towards his room, signaling for me to come inside.

I stood in the middle of his room, looking over as he closed his door. He was still in his uniform, his tactile pants were hugging his legs and his vest was still on.

"I can't.. fucking believe how the captain doubted my commands." He grumbled, seeming to not care about his own space anymore. He wanted to let it out. His fists were clenched tightly as he paced his room.

I nodded in agreement.

"I know, I agree." I said. He was steaming with anger.

"I just... feel..." He was having trouble finding the words to express his feelings- something he wasn't quite used to doing. His eyes looked over at me, scanning my body up and down.

"I know how you feel. I am just as angry as you, but there's nothing we can do. It was his call, not yours." I said, trying to reassure him.

He nodded his head, but his fists were still clenched. I knew he was still beyond angry with the way things went today. His eyes were still on me, making eye contact as I uneasily stood there. There was a slight tension in our silence, almost hindering me from speaking.

"You'd better go. I.. should be alone." He growled at me, walking closer to me. I looked up at him, then down at his body.

"Why?" I asked. He turned his head slightly.

"I don't want to hurt you at all, I might say the wrong thing simply out of anger." He explained, his frustrated tone was clear. I raised an eyebrow.

"We don't have to talk." I said, suggestively. I knew what would help him, and I didn't mind at all being the stress reliever to his anger. His eyes widened.

"W-What are you saying?" He said, unsure of the meaning in my tone. I got closer to him, my hands finding their way to his.

"It's been a long couple of days. I think a little physical exertion would be a good way to... ease the anger." I explained. His gaze softened, then reached out to touch my cheek with his gloves.

"I don't want to hurt you... you are far too fragile for my... size." He whispered. My stomach fluttered at his words and my mouth began to water. I suddenly needed him more than the air I was breathing.

"You don't want to?" I asked, pouting my lip. I heard a slight groan escape his mask, and he adjusted himself to my words.

"I never said that." His voice became much more husky. "I said that you cannot handle what I would be able to do to your sweet little body."