Chapter One: Introductions and S-System

Shiro POV

Right now I am standing in the auditorium with my class as the entrance ceremony was going on. I am in class A while Yuki is in class B. The entrance ceremony was like any other, utterly boring.

Seriously, I thought I was going to fall asleep due to how boring it was. Since I was not interested, I started observing my class as well as the other classes that were with us. Class A was quietly listening to the chairman's words. I saw Arisu there as well, looks like we'll be in the same class. I still remember how we met at the age of 10 and became really good friends after playing a game of chess. She was good for her age back then but not good enough to beat me who was even beyond grandmaster level. Right now she's most likely at the level of a grandmaster but still not good enough to beat me.

Leaving her aside, I started observing Class B which was quiet as well but a little less disciplined than Class A. Two notable figures were a girl with pink hair and...a big bust and a boy with purple hair. Oh? looks like Ryuuji joined this school as well. This will be pretty interesting. I met him the same year I met Arisu and we became quite good friends.

Afterward, I started observing Class C and they were not very disciplined. However, The person who got my attention was a guy with black hair as well as black skin, and a big muscular body. He seems to be a foreigner. I wonder how strong he is. Beside him was a guy with long magenta hair and magenta eyes like mine though he didn't look that interesting.

Before I laid my eyes on Class D I looked at Yuki who was also observing the classes. However, I was surprised to see that her face was full of shock and her body was also tensed. Strange, she only got this tense whenever the White Room was mentioned. I looked at the place she had her eyes on and saw Class D. The students there were barely behaving at all. I also saw Koenji and Chiaki, two friends of mine in Class D but then I saw the person who Yuki was looking at. It was a boy with brown hair, brown eyes, and an apathetic look.

Shiro: 'Wait what?'

I couldn't believe this as I widened my eyes a bit due to shock. I never thought I'd see him again. It was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the masterpiece of the White Room. It was a miracle. I silently punched myself in the gut to see if I was dreaming even though I didn't think so. It hurt, but this confirmed the fact that this wasn't a dream. I adverted my eyes from him and looked at Yuki who was also looking at me. I nodded at her, letting her know that I had noticed after which she looked away from me.

Yuki POV

I was observing the students of Class D who were barely paying attention to the ceremony at all, not that I blame them due to it being so BORING!!! Seriously, I thought I was going to faint due to the ceremony being so boring! I'm pretty sure Shiro agrees with me on that part. Anyway, as I was observing them I spotted Koenji Rukusuke and Matsushita Chiaki who were 2 friends of Shiro. I met them just 3 months ago during a therapy session with my therapist and Shiro. I quickly became friends with Chiaki but not Koenji due to his narcissistic attitude. Anyway, where was I? Ah right! At the end of my observation of Class D, I saw a boy with brown hair, brown eyes, and a handsome and apathetic face.

Yuki: 'What the?'

I thought while my face formed into one of pure shock and my body tensed up. How is he here? What is he doing here? Am I dreaming? These were the questions that were in my mind while I was looking at the boy whom I hadn't seen for a year, the masterpiece of the White Room, and the love of my life, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. I stared at him for a while but then I looked at Shiro who was a bit wide-eyed and was looking at Kiyotaka's direction, seems like he saw him as well. He then looked at me and nodded after which I looked away. I can't wait to talk to Kiyotaka again!