burning stars [patpran, part one]

Rating: Teen Audiences and Up

Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply

Fandoms: แค่เพื่อนครับเพื่อน | Bad Buddy: the Series (TV)

Categories: M/M

Relationships: Pat Napat Jindapat/Pran Parakul Siridechawat

Characters: Pat Napat Jindapat, Pran Parakul Siridechawat

Additional Tags: Mutual Pining, Idiots in Love, i love how that's a tag, Pat Napat Jindapat/Pran Parakul Siridechawat in Love, Soft Pat Napat Jindapat/Pran Parakul Siridechawat, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe - Soulmates, Soulmate-Identifying Marks, of course they're soulmates guys, Pat Napat Jindapat is So Whipped, Pran Parakul Siridechawat is So Whipped, Angst

Summary: They get their Soulmate Marks at age sixteen, only a handful of weeks apart from each other. Pran wears long sleeves to hide his, while Pat shows his off with pride — but it's only a matter of time before Pat finds out that his Mark, right down to the smallest angle, matches exactly to Pran's.

Burning Stars

Bad Buddy — Pran x Pat

     "EVERYONE HAS A SOULMATE, Pran," his parents used to tell him when he was a little kid, before showing off the matching Soulmate Marks on their shoulders with adoring and proud smiles, little titters of soft laughter between themselves while Pran ran his chubby fingers over the intricate lines. He has always wanted a Soulmate Mark that looks just like his parents', all sweeping and curling lines that match all the way down to the smallest curve; their size and positioning identical despite the difference between their bodies' builds. "One day you'll get the chance to find your own."

     "They all look different, Pran," they'd say when he asked how you knew if someone was your Soulmate, his child-like eyes wide with awe as he listened to their explanations. He wanted his Mark right then and there, at the tender age of eight-years-old, desperate to know what branding upon his skin would physically mark him as belonging to his Soulmate; to his special one. "Your Soulmate will either share the same Mark as you, or their Mark will complete your own. No matter which it is, they are your Soulmate; the one destined for you since the day you were born."

     Laying in his bed at night for many years after his parents explained the significance of a Soulmate Mark to him, Pran bitterly thought about how Pat would get his Mark first; would be able to find the one he is destined for first. Everything is a competition between the boys, and this is the one competition between them that Pran has no chance of winning, not with the weeks that separate their days of birth. Although, with that in mind, Pran knows that he has to find out who his Soulmate is before Pat finds out his, just so that he has the chance to rub it into the other boy's cheeky face. It's a rather dark thought for an eight-year-old boy to have, but Pran's been taught over and over again that he must be better than the neighbour's son ever since he could walk and talk, and it's hard to shake some days.