Luz cut her off abruptly. She laughed nervously. "We're just trying to get out of that wheel of boredom. You know it's never ending."

"What's your best slushee suggestion?"

Miria eyed Amity with an air of surprise. She hadn't expected the girl to speak as she clearly looked so out of place— high end clothes, too tight to be comfortable, an accent of superiority and a tight lipped smile that bordered on murderous. "Grape Vine."

"That's the name?" Amity cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes," Miria replied with her beautiful accent, "It is. I name them."

"Cute."

Again, Miria eyed her with a sense of wariness which soon turned into a sparkle and she smiled to herself. It appeared the girl wouldn't be bothering her friend after all. "I'll be behind the counter if you need me."

Luz nodded as she dragged Amity nearer to the machine. "I always get Blueberry Blast or Conga Craze."

Amity's eyebrows scrunched as a genuine air of confusion made itself visible. "What the hell is conga craze?"

"You'll see."

She watched as hands took the cup out of her own grasp and landed under the metal straw which distributed the different flavors of ice-cold drinks. True to the Hispanic's words, the label on the tap read 'Conga Craze' and a white, almost bordering on a tinge of yellow, substance came out.

Her eyes focused on the calluses on her frenemy's fingers, the scratches that itched up her arm. They didn't look like they were made by a human or a device but she had her doubts. She felt the coldness seep into her heart and then the feeling of tightness for the thousandth time, along with the need to breath deeply.

After she had calmed down quietly, she focused in on her face instead. Luz's eyes were a warm brown, so deep, that you could get lost into the pools of never ending stories. Her features were spread apart in a flattering way and the sharp yet somehow soft jawline she sported made for a good asset.

"What?"

"Nothing," she said quietly as she reached for her drink now that it had been poured and a lid and straw had been put into place. "I was just wondering if it'll be any good."

Luz felt the sticky sensation begin before she registered her anxiety. It seemed ridiculous to her that such a simple thing had made her so nervous but this place was dear to her. She didn't quite understand why she had brought Amity here— after all, they were so different— but it had just felt like the right thing to do.

Amity sipped on her drink. The sweet nectary taste danced along her tongue in perfect synchronization with the tangy taste of pineapple. It seared her tongue, in the best way possible, as explosion after explosion of flavor hit her. She downed it in a couple of seconds.

"So?"

"This is wonderful!"

Luz tilted her head to the side, "wonderful?"

"Yes! Wonderful." She turned around and went back toward the snack bar and counter.

"Yes?" Miria asked lightly.

"Here," she handed a wad of folded up dollars to the girl, "I don't care how much the drinks are this is amazing, you deserve all the tips."

Her caramel hair fell into her face, concealing her bulging eyes as she counted the 120 dollar tip. "But this! It's too much!" She pointed with her hands, accent thicker than before.

"No, no. Keep it all, please."

Miria tried not to gape as she watched Amity drag Luz outside and into the car. She slowly smiled to herself once they had sped away. She would be able to pay for a babysitter tonight and finally go out with her best friend. It was perfect timing too.

She felt a sense of relief fall onto her as she, for the first time ever, felt grateful to be an eighteen-year-old.

Note - Quien es tu amigita? = Who is your friend?