Wish upon a star ~ Amane (fluff)

Start from the beginning

Amane blinked quickly and tried to keep a nonchalant tone as he continued to speak; he didn't want to let on that your smile took everything from him in a split second. (Even though, let's be honest, it was pretty obvious)

"Thought I was the only one who came up here" he breathed out.

You responded with a soft hum and turned your head to look up at the sky. Amane watched the wind blow back your hair and the way your nose scrunched under the crisp night air. He would happily choose this view over the stars any day.

You glance back at the boy whose mouth is now unknowingly agape.
"Does that mean you don't want company?"

He doesn't miss a beat.

"No!" He was too quick to answer, wonder and veneration on his face, crimson infusing his cheeks.

With reaction time like that you were surprised Amane wasn't on any sports teams.

You nodded brusquely and laughed. The sound envelopes him like a warm hug. The feeling of you went through him, shooting up his legs and into his brain, and he knew at that moment that he was truly fucked...

You mumble a, "you're cute", and proceed to close the rooftop door behind you.

Amane blushed, hidden by the moonlight and the darkening skies. He looked back up at the stars as if they were even remotely as gorgeous as you.

Words... Words would be good now, he thought. If only some would occur to him.

The way the wind pressed your clothes against your body caused Amane to scan every curve. His eyes titled up to your face, still distracted by the night sky, and settled on your lips. Plump, soft, he'd do anything to just reach out and run a finger across them... and the way you smiled up at the stars like you weren't clearly challenging their beauty was driving Amane insane. He didn't believe in much, God's, fate, soulmates, destiny, nothing like that; he believed in the stars above; he believed in the heavenly bodies that only could be found by searching for them.

His eyes scanned over you as you laid back on the roof and, using your own binoculars, started to look at the stars.

Amane stared at you for a moment longer before turning over to his side and taking a telescope out of its bag. (Which he definitely didn't steal from the science lab...) The next few minutes went by in silence. The only sounds being his quiet little grunts and the clanking of the telescope being put together.

You broke the silence by asking, "What kind of telescope is that? Does it work?"

His jaw slightly dropped, and he was thankful you were too busy admiring the telescope to notice. It wasn't often that anyone took interest in his passions or hobbies. And now the prettiest girl he's ever laid eyes on wanted to know more? I mean, geez, you couldn't get any more attractive than that. Amane had a sneaky suspicion that you'd somehow find a way.

The boy retreated from the eyepiece, with a negative image of a bright shiny star still hanging in his eye like a ghost. Amane gestured to the front of the telescope.
"Come take a look down the front of the scope"

You hesitated at first, not wanting to intrude much, but walked to the front of the telescope and peered inside.

"This is a Smithsonite reflector telescope. The light comes through the front" Amane said, gesturing a motion down the sides of the tube, "Then it hits the curved mirror in the back. Then the light comes back up the front of the tube to a focus point right about here" he said, pinching his fingers just in front of the end of the telescope.

Despite being in the astronomy club, telescopes were not your forte. They were always too complicated for you and the fact that Amane could explain in such detail showed how smart he was. Also, seeing his eyes light up as he talked was one of the cutest things you've ever seen.