On the road, many cars were trying to go back home. It was a little slow since it was only a two-lane road.

"It's always so crowded at this time of day," Grey complained while looking out the window.

"It's rush hour. Everyone just wants to go home."

Before they could say anything else, everyone felt the ground move a bit, like a gentle bump. All the cars stopped, wondering what was happening.

The floor started to vibrate and loud booming sounds resounded through the air.

"It's an earthquake!" Grey rolled down his windows and shouted to let other people know.

Many people already had their windows down so they heard Grey's shout. People began to stumble out of their cars, fearing the ground caving in. Grey and Cyan followed suit, going to an open space away from trees. The ground shook violently, indicating that they were pretty close to the epicenter.

In the distance, everyone could see a few buildings tumbling to the ground. Though they couldn't hear screams, they saw people close to the exit of the city running toward the fields, away from the tall buildings.

Cyan held on to Grey, making sure that the both of them were able to keep themselves standing just in case the ground cracked open.

The initial earthquake lasted a bit more than 30 seconds, but it seemed like time was moving slowly, especially as they watched the buildings crumble down in the distance.

From Grey's knowledge, aftershocks lasted anywhere from a couple of weeks to even months. Still, it was good that they were no longer in the city or their lives would have been in considerable danger.

Grey heard a man say, "Does anyone know if it's safe to go home?"

"Maybe we should wait for law enforcement to come to check the roads and neighborhoods before we continue..." Someone else replied.

Grey looked up at Cyan who was still holding onto him tightly. "Let's wait for someone to confirm the status of the road and neighborhoods."

"Okay, we will do as you say," Cyan replied, loosening his hold on Grey, but still holding him in his arms.

Though everyone was hungry as it was about dinner time, no one complained. Most people stayed in the area, while some daring individuals decided to go check up on the residential area.

Grey and Cyan decided to take a walk, away from people, so they could talk. The two had their phones turned off as this was what they did every time they went into their room to talk.

"I found this kind of strange, but does this town have frequent earthquakes?"

"It happens once a year around the same time. Hm... Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it always happens around the time people are getting off of work, so the casualties are kept to a minimum."

Now that was strange. It has scheduled earthquakes... as if someone was controlling them.

"Are they about this strength too?"

"Yes, each time they are 6.0 magnitude earthquakes."

Grey absorbed that information and had System 225 note it. There was something suspicious about these earthquakes.

"Are there any other natural disasters that happen to this city?"

"Yeah, we also get tornadoes."

Tornadoes and earthquakes in the same place? There were no mountains or volcanoes nearby, not even a beach. Though earthquakes can happen anywhere in the world, they don't usually get this strong when the region also gets tornadoes...

"When do tornadoes come around?"

"Ah... If I recall correctly, it's at the end of Month 8. It always happens at that time."

Month 8 was in three months. The months in the year didn't have names, they were just numbered.

"This is strange... I know you can predict the weather to a certain extent but this feels like it's all just scheduled... "

Grey couldn't help but get goosebumps thinking about this place. This was a dystopian world plot. As for what kind, he had no idea. This city seemed perfect, but it was too perfect to the point that it was suffocating. Everyone was monitored in most places. No one was allowed to deviate and if they did, they would be punished.

From what he could see, this city was living in a bubble.

98% of the population couldn't leave the area. If they did want to leave, the only way to do so was by dying.

This world was much more dangerous than Grey could have imagined... Even so, he would never let his guard down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kuro_kama: I knew it when I saw the name of the arc that was named dystopian. I am always scared of this theme. I am a person who is an avid horror enjoyer but the dystopian themes are scarier and creepier than any horror out there for me. They just make me feel so sorrowful, it's horrible.

GrandpaMarky: I have a love/hate relationship with dystopian stories. I love it because of how bone-chilling it can be but I also hate it because damn it really do be giving me the chills. I hope my dystopian arc isn't too bad.