[𝟖] - 𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

❝ i am the fire that lights the stars, and you, my love, are my universe ❞

i am the fire that lights the stars, and you, my love, are my universe

[ I played with the idea of Sukuna dragging Y/N into his domain for the fight/talk with Yuuji, but overall decided not to. ]

┏━━━°⌜ 憑拠 ⌟°━━━┓
CHAPTER 8
Rebirth
┗━━━°⌜ 憑拠 ⌟°━━━┛

"If you encounter it, your choices are to either run or die." Ijichi recites to Gojo, "I warned them that fighting was absolutely not an options."

Y/N stares down at the white sheet covering Itadori's body guiltily, knowing that she'll most likely die down here soon. She was glad Gojo was letting her live at least a little bit longer, though.

Y/N pauses in confusion as she feels a small tug on her innate domain, glancing toward's Itadori.

Y/N pulls away from the tug, feeling it flare sharply (yet somehow not painfully, like it wasn't trying to harm her) before sinking away again.

Was... Y/N hesitates, frowning pensively. ...someone trying to pull me into their domain? But...

"It was intentional." Gojo's words catch Y/N's attention as the curse looks over at the man.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Ijichi asks, also looking at the man.

"There was a special-grade. Sending first-years to rescue five who may or may not be alive should be out of the question. Besides, with Yuuji, I was the one who forced the issue and got his execution indefinitely suspended. Some higher-ups who didn't like that took advantage of my absence and the Special-Grade to tactfully dispose of him." Gojo looks down at the ground.

"Not to mention if the other three had also died, it'd be more harassment for me and two birds with one stone for them." Gojo adds as Y/N winces at the thought.

"No, but..." Ijichi starts anxiously, "No one expected it to become a Special-Grade by the time the dispatch was issues. Searching for someone to blame is just a pain."

"Maybe I should just... kill all of the higher-ups." Gojo suggests as the other two flinch in surprise.

"You're not usually this emotional." An unfamiliar voice drawls as Y/N looks over to see a pretty woman with brown hair and eyebags.

"It's good to see you, Ieiri-san!" Ijichi bows deeply as Y/N blinks before turning towards the woman apparently named Ieiri.

Y/N takes a few steps away as Ieiri stops next to Itadori's body, "Looks to me..." Ieiri twirls a strand of hair through her finger as she turns towards Gojo, "like you've taken quite a liking to him."