[𝟏𝟒] - 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

❝ you are the universe, expressing itself as human for a little while ❞

you are the universe, expressing itself as human for a little while

[ Tsukasa (in the GIF) is so adorable I love him ]

┏━━━°⌜ 憑拠 ⌟°━━━┓
CHAPTER 14
Human
┗━━━°⌜ 憑拠 ⌟°━━━┛

"—They're human." Ieiri confirms over the phone, standing in between the hospital beds of the two 'humans,' "No, I guess I should call them former humans. They're the same as the three from the theater. The structure of their bodies was forcibly altered by a cursed technique."

"If that was all, I would have noticed at the start." Nanami rejects; sitting down on a couch with Y/N and Itadori sitting on another couch to the left of him. "The two we fought were full of cursed energy, like cursed spirits."

"You'll have to ask the culprit about their cursed technique to explain that." Ieiri replies unhelpfully, "Though there is evidence that their brain stems were tampered with, most likely to create a state of confusion and impaired consciousness."

"If they can modify the brain, it might be possible for them to modify someone to be able to use cursed energy. The relationship between the brain and cursed energy is still a black box to us." Ieiri explains before pausing, as if realizing something

"Oh, right, are Itadori and L/N listening?" Ieiri inquires.

"Mhm." Y/N nods in confirmation despite knowing Ieiri won't see her.

"To sum it up, these guys died of shock form having their bodies modified. You didn't kill them. So don't get the wrong idea about that." Ieiri says, somehow able to tell that the two were worried about that.

"Right." Itadori responds, Y/N simply staying silent as she stares at the ground.

After that, Nanami hangs up the phone, turning to look at the two as Itadori speaks, "Either way, the deaths of these two weigh on me just as heavily. That said, this thing... has disgusting taste."

This boy can get sincerely angry on another's behalf. Nanami observes. "Those residuals were a bluff, likely meant to lure us in. Our die is quite skilled. It looks like this will take more than moderate effort."

Nanami stands up, looking down at the two, "So let's go all out."

"Yeah!"

━━ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ━━

"I've organized the reports from our windows on recent residuals, unnatural deaths, and disappearances." Nanami explains, pointing toward a map that had marked locations on it.