Chapter 5: Sakayanagi Arisu vs Nakamura Yuki(Chess)

Shiro POV

I was waiting for Yuki and Arisu while standing in the special annex. While I was waiting, I noticed how hot it was here. A normal person can't handle this kind of heat for more than 30 minutes. It's also worth noting that there are no cameras here, meaning a person can break the rules and be undetected. However, I doubt anyone will be willing to do that here due to the extreme heat. Still, despite the immense heat, I'm sure some people will do such a thing. After a few minutes of waiting, Arisu had arrived. She was wearing her signature smile as she approached me. Earlier, she said that she would arrive after using the bathroom. Just what was it that caused her to be this late?

Shiro: "You sure took your time."

Arisu: "Fufu, my apologies, it seems I took more time than expected." She sure did.

Arisu: "So what did you want to talk about?"

Shiro: "Let's wait for Yuki first. This mainly involves her."

Arisu: "I see... Okay, Shiro-kun." She's surely already thinking about how could it involve her. I wonder how she will react once I tell her about Yuki. Just then, the hair on my neck suddenly stood up. I then immediately dodged a punch that tried to hit me from behind. I then looked at the assailant and saw Yuki. Her blond hair was fluttering in the air as she stood there after trying to punch me. Arisu was surprised as she couldn't sense Yuki at all. If it weren't for my instincts, I would've definitely been hit by her. Despite not training herself for 7 years after dropping out of "that place", she's still a force to be reckoned with.

Yuki: "Mannn, and here I thought I had you this time, hmph!" Don't try to act all pouty, Yuki. Neither I nor Arisu would fall for that.

Arisu: "That was quite the sneak attack, Nakamura-san. I didn't know your physical capabilities were that good."

Yuki: " Thanks for the compliment, Sakayanagi-san."

Shiro: "Okay, now that we're all here, let's get down to business, shall we?" I asked as I addressed the two girls infront of me. It's better if we don't waste anymore time and just get this over with.

Arisu: "I agree. So what do you want to share with me, Shiro-kun?" I then looked at Yuki and she nodded, signaling to continue. Arisu's gaze was fully concentrated on me. She was very eager to hear what I needed to say.

Shiro: "Very well, when we, or should I say you, saw Ayanokouji Kiyotaka for the first time, you were not the only one who had a shocked face, for Yuki had it as well."

Arisu: "What!? But-" She intervened but I cut her off.

Shiro: "Let me finish. Anyway, she also had a shocked face after we mentioned 'that place', though she quickly morphed her expression into a confused one and asked us about it to hide that fact. However, before she could change her expressions, I quickly noticed them. That night, I interrogated her about it. In response, she fought me to knock me unconscious but I was stronger than her so I was able to defeat her. Afterward, she told me that she used to be a White Room student in the 4th generation-"

Arisu: "The same generation as the masterpiece?"

Shiro: "Exactly. She also told me that she dropped out at the age of 8. That's the reason that she spent 7 years in the hospital and needed special therapy. I was so surprised after hearing all this that it was stuck in my mind even during class." Well, the fact that I had to tell Arisu about this was stuck in my mind during class so I wasn't exactly lying about that. After a long silence that had followed, Arisu had finally started to speak.

Arisu: "Is this all true, Nakamura-san?" Her voice stumbled as she asked Yuki about its confirmation. In response, Yuki simply closed her eyes and nodded her head. She probably isn't feeling pleasant about her White Room life being revealed to Arisu. Speaking of Arisu, she immediately retained her smug look and turned towards Yuki while staring at her shiny azure eyes.